Actions
  • #91 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2021
  • Ishkabibbles

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #92 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2021
  • Carmen's

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #93 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2021
  • Ranking from this trip.  I tried all of them wit onions and whiz.  I would eat the top 3 again.

1. Ishkabibbles
    2. Campo's
    3. Pat's
    4. Sonny's
    5. Carmen's
  • #94 by Bentley on 02 Aug 2021
  • Just by the photos I had the same 1, 2!
  • #95 by Free Mr. Tony on 03 Aug 2021
  • I just came across this on Instagram. It is most likely the most mouth watering cheesesteak pic I have seen.

• #96 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Aug 2021
  • Looks great.  Can't believe it is in Brooklyn
  • #97 by dk117 on 06 Aug 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #98 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Aug 2021
  • What do you have there dk117?
  • #99 by dk117 on 06 Aug 2021
  • ugh you guys are too fast!  I upload from my phone and type on my PC.

I was in Philly last week.  This is a turkey cheesesteak from Reading Terminal Market.  A remoulade/thousand island type sauce, some perfectly sautéed peppers and onions with a very generous cut of turkey.  My only criticism would have been to slice the turkey thinner, otherwise excellent.

DK
  • #100 by dk117 on 06 Aug 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #101 by dk117 on 06 Aug 2021
  • and the mrs with her classic philly cheesesteak.   I felt it was under seasoned, but she enjoyed it. 
  • #102 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Aug 2021
  • When were you there?  I was there last Friday (DeNic's roast beef) and last Sunday (Carmen's cheesesteak and Italian hoagie).  Where did you buy your sandwiches from? What brought you to Philly?
  • #103 by dk117 on 06 Aug 2021
  • oops, I forgot you were a PA guy.  We were there Saturday and Sunday ... and Monday.   Too many options for just one visit. 

Mine was from The Original Turkey.  I believe the wifes was SPATARO'S CHEESESTEAKS.  These pictures were Saturday, looks like we probably just missed each other  ;D

We were on a tour of Villanova for my oldest.  It's in her top 3 list for colleges to attend in 2022. 

DK

PS and I'm going to try to not make this political, but that's impossible these days.  Philadelphia was such a joy.   Clean, organized, polite people, NICE people.  I come from the Pacific Northwest, been doing a lot of catch up traveling lately, and it's pretty clear Portland/Seattle are in trouble.  Philly is not without it's problems, but wow it was so refreshing to see a normal well run city. 
  • #104 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Aug 2021
  • Wow! Portland and Seattle must be in REALLY BAD shape if you thought so highly of Philly. Philly is the last place I think of for cleanliness, and polite and nice people.  This coming from someone who lived about 30 years of my life 70 miles north of there.  I usually go down there a few times a year for a sporting event, art exhibit at a museum, or concert and try to get a long weekend when possible.  I got there after 9am last Friday and started my drive back home about 9am this Monday.

I think they have done a good job of attempting to clean up the historical areas.

If you get to go again, go to McGillin's Pub.  It is the oldest running pub in Pennsylvania and opened sometime in the 1800s. Great beer list and the food is very good and really inexpensive.  The atmosphere is pretty cool too.  But, don't go after 10pm on Friday or Saturday unless you want to feel like you want to hang out with a bunch of kids in their early 20s at a nightclub.
  • #105 by Bentley on 06 Aug 2021
  • I have not been since 2015, jajaja, but I was thinking the same thing!  I knew Portland was bad, but I did not think it had hit Seattle yet!

Wow! Portland and Seattle must be in REALLY BAD shape if you thought so highly of Philly. Philly is the last place I think of for cleanliness, and polite and nice people.
Pages:
Actions