Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A League of their own  (Read 598 times)

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI
A League of their own
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »

Alabama Crimson Tide  41
Fresno State Bulldogs   10

Moderators feel free to move this Topic or delete it when necessary
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

riverrat49

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • "If all else Fails call it Burnt Endz" Spokane, WA
    • G-Pa D's BBQ Team
Re: A League of their own
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 05:15:39 AM »

I must have looked at the score wrong 14-10 not so bad  ::)
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:41:29 AM »

UW Huskies 63
Montana grizzlys 7

Dante' Pettis breaks the Pac 12 record for punt returns for a TD at 7 in his career. He took 2 to the end zone yesterday. And 10 or more games to come.
Fresno State is up next. Those poor Bulldogs. East to Alabama, then north to the Dawg House. Ouch...
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »

It was an experience to be in that stadium, with that crowd (I think there were about 200 FSU fans), that massive and impressive band with the supporting cast of flag girls and twirlers and about 45 cheerleaders.  They have some great home team traditions and I am glad I got to experience it live.

And I was proud of the Bulldogs.  Only one turn over and that was at the end of the game.  Don't remember any penalties, if there were any it was minimal.  Never gave up, played with spirit, played a clean game.  Were there areas of weakness?  You bet, but those can be worked on.  Are they on the same level as the Tide?  No, not as big, strong, fast or athletically talented.  But I think they have turned a corner with their new coach and it looks like a new bright future for the Dogs.

It was a great time and I have to say that I think Alabama must have the prettiest group of co-eds of any university campus I have ever visited.  My goodness, there were just pretty girls everywhere!

Thanks so much Tamck1, it was an experience we won't soon forget. :cool:

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »

I was very serious when I said if they could hold them to under 40 points I would consider it somewhat of a victory.  I had no idea the spread was 41 1/2 until a Bama fan that parked next to us told me.

The defense just was not able to stop the Tide offense with any consistency in the 1st half.  Although after going 73 yards on 2 plays to open the game, I though the score was going to be a lot worse the 28-3 at half time.  And the final Bama score came with under 2 minutes to play I think.  The offense just seemed like they were 2 steps behind.  The RB's thought they could juke their way to a hole, instead of hitting it while the blocking was there.  FSU did not have the caliber player to make Bama miss!  Bright spot on defense, well, there really weren't a lot, they did force 2 punts on the 1st team offence.  Bright spots on Offense, about the same, the did muster 10 points against the 1st team D, but I believe 2 DB's were out.

I think they only had 3 penalties for 16 yards, that is encouraging, as I believe that all starts with coaching. 1 INT, so will hope that gets better against U of W next week.  Will be interesting to see if they improve.

All I know is that you could feel a difference in this team over the last 3 years.  I truly hope for great things over the next 5 years!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Trooper

• Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »

Great write up Bentley
 Alabama - in a League of Their Own
 Bentley - in a League of Your Own
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.