Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by yorkdude on 20 Nov 2018
  • Probably a stupid question but do they maybe need air circulation? I ask that and not sure if you are doing it?
  • #17 by Bentley on 20 Nov 2018
  • It would help, and I guess I should have hung them in garage, but we are now getting into winter temperatures, so that would worry me.  And I am not gonna set up a fan.  But ya figure where most chili's are prevalent, warm most of the time.  I realize very humid in some of those areas too!
  • #18 by Bentley on 30 Nov 2018
  • 36 Days or 5 weeks and 2 days.

• #19 by yorkdude on 01 Dec 2018
  • I am no expert but they look like they are doing fine. Have you tried any yet?
  • #20 by Bentley on 01 Dec 2018
  • No, I wanted them completely dry.  Will use them for "Colorado" type sauces.  I am not a Mole fan, but Kristin likes it, so I may have a go at that!
  • #21 by Bentley on 10 Dec 2018
  • I just don't believe it should take this long, but at this point, time is irrelevant, just let it go and see what happens.  Some look like they are drying, some like they are rotting and some just taking a long time to shrivel!

• #22 by ZCZ on 10 Dec 2018
  • Probably goes faster in a dry SW climate with them hanging in the sun?
    Z
  • #23 by Bentley on 29 Dec 2018

• #24 by Bentley on 17 Jan 2019
  • Pretty much game over!  Time to figure out what to do with them!

Dried Chili's...

• #25 by Fire708 on 18 Jan 2019
  • Lols like they turned out well. Took a little longer than the original 6 week estimate but not by a whole lot. I look forward to seeing how you use these.
  • #26 by pmillen on 19 Jan 2019
  • Thread name change?

Just curious.  Inquiring minds want to know.
  • #27 by Bentley on 19 Jan 2019
  • Yes, I did change the thread name as I figured this title would be more appropriate in this section, although, folks on this site who are drying chili's, probably know a lot more then I do.
  • #28 by Bentley on 15 Feb 2019
  • Now, I have to get the seeds out, and it turned into chili powder!

• #29 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Feb 2019
  • why remove the seeds?
  • #30 by Bobitis on 16 Feb 2019
  • why remove the seeds?

Agreed. ::) If you removed the seeds prior to drying, it would have gone much quicker.
Pages:
Actions