Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Oct 2018
  • I received an email today from Thermoworks promoting using probes in your food while cooking.  In the picture, I noticed what looked like a 4 probe Smoke unit.  I don't see it on their website yet.  I suspect maybe they are holding it out to introduce it for a Black Friday sale or something special like that.  I just found it interesting that they would have a picture of it in use but not mention anything about it in the story.  It also had colored grommets on the probe and opposite end of the cable where you plug it into the unit so you can more easily tell which probe was which temperature on the units screen.

I may have to buy one and start selling some of my other stuff when it is ready for sale.
  • #2 by triplebq on 27 Oct 2018
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Oct 2018
  • Thanks for that close up picture.  It looks like the unit is wifi and bluetooth based on the symbols in the top left corner.
  • #4 by triplebq on 27 Oct 2018
  • I'm putting this on my to buy list.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Oct 2018
  • I'm putting this on my to buy list.

Me too...like I need another one ;)
  • #6 by pmillen on 27 Oct 2018
  • Me too...like I need another one ;)

Yep, me, too.  My birthday's coming up and I'm hard to buy for.  I'll drop some suggestions hints.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 27 Oct 2018
  •  Thermoworks never ceases to amaze me..They just keep  on developing new products, a lot based on proven existing technology.

I like the different coloured silicone, I D, o-rings. Good to have when using multiple probes, or to I D the ones in storage.
  • #8 by Piksil on 27 Oct 2018
  • I noticed the same today as well. I did a "reply" or "comment" on the blog site asking what it was. (Can't see my comment though, not sure if I will get a response or not :))
    Anyway, looks like it is called "Signals" when I enlarged the pic.
    Hmmm, Smoke, Signals, maybe it will pair with the Gateway as well.
    ETA: also like the look of the solid back instead of the 'kickstand'. Maybe a magnetic back as well for different mounting options?
  • #9 by Ross77 on 27 Oct 2018
  • I bet it doesn't need a gateway.  WiFi and bluetooth could possibly be built in.  It seems to be thicker than the smoke.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Oct 2018
  • I bet it doesn't need a gateway.  WiFi and bluetooth could possibly be built in.  It seems to be thicker than the smoke.

yes, looks thicker and looks like wifi and bluetooth built in with no need for a gateway like the Smoke.
  • #11 by Piksil on 28 Oct 2018

yes, looks thicker and looks like wifi and bluetooth built in with no need for a gateway like the Smoke.
    Doh! Makes total sense! Was not registering the Bluetooth and WiFi in my head...
    So, my comment/inquiry pointing out the 4 probes has not been posted with other comments.  Guess we'll just have to wait 'til TW announces it.
  • #12 by hughver on 28 Oct 2018
  • More probes, try this. I bought one a couple of months ago for $39.99. Not as robust as my Smoke but works great with the app.
  • #13 by pmillen on 28 Oct 2018
  • The Official eBay store for Tenergy has them for $50 (banner across the top).  Your price is better.
  • #14 by hughver on 28 Oct 2018
  • Got it from Amazon on a daily special.
  • #15 by Ross77 on 28 Oct 2018
  • How’s the Bluetooth range?  It’s usually not great.
Pages:
Actions