Poll: Did you grade out like you thought you would?

Yes.
No.
Maybe.

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 28 Oct 2018
  • I was watching a video on youtube and this guy mentioned his "political compass" and how when tested he fell into X catagory...I was more interested in that then the video, did a Google search and here we are.

If that is what I am, so be it.  I always felt I was pretty much a liberal conservative, but I can live with there results, as I have aged I am way right and way left on different things!

Thought you all might enjoy some entertainment to start the week!  I certainly am trying to forget the World Series!

You can vote whenever you want, but will probably make more sense to do it if/after you take the 5 minute test!

Polital Compass

My results.

• #2 by GREG-B on 29 Oct 2018
  • My results were sorta what I expected.   For years I straddled the fence, then recent developments in the political scene not only caused me to fall off the fence but I was pushed so far off the fence I may not be able to crawl back up there.  All in all an interesting interpretation of left/right minds.
  • #3 by GatorDave on 29 Oct 2018
  • I'm very very very fiscally conservative, but more socially liberal.  I'm a registered republican, but probably fall more in line with libertarianism.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Oct 2018
  • I am slightly more center than Bentley.
  • #5 by yorkdude on 29 Oct 2018
  • I am two bars east of Bentley and 4 bars north?
    Not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing.
  • #6 by Trooper on 29 Oct 2018
  • Turns out I am Authoritarian - Right
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Oct 2018
  • I am dead center on the economic line, neither right nor left, and almost center on the authoritarian/libertarian line, just two bars down.  Pretty much as I thought since the test was hard for me -- I kept on thinking "You haven't defined or explained in enough detail what you mean by that question" (lawyer in me coming out!), so I feel that I manipulated some responses.
  • #8 by riverrat49 on 29 Oct 2018
  • Seems i'm not that far from Bentley, probably would have been more "Right" when I was on active duty but as I've aged, I have come to reflect on my experiences and now see them
    thru more mature eyes.

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.23
  • #9 by LowSlowJoe on 29 Oct 2018
  • Bentley and I aren't too far from one another...

• #10 by slaga on 29 Oct 2018
  • I "fell" a little more left than I expect I really am. That said here are my results. I found some of those questions difficult to answer.
  • #11 by LowSlowJoe on 29 Oct 2018
  • I'd likely been much closer to the center, if some of the questions had a middle choice.
  • #12 by Canadian John on 29 Oct 2018

•  My compass remains indicating due North.  :D
  • #13 by hughver on 29 Oct 2018
  • According to this test I fall exactly in the middle of everything. There is no doubt in my mind as to which way politically the author of the test leans.
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 29 Oct 2018
  • According to this test I fall exactly in the middle of everything. There is no doubt in my mind as to which way politically the author of the test leans.

I agree with the Author part. Some of the questions were phrased to lead most any reasonable person to the answer that they wanted to get. Some just left out information that I would need to make a decision in real life situations.

I ended up where I thought I would as I answered the questions, but not as I believe in real life. It is sad that the country has become so divided that I can not imagine it ever coming back to more about helping and taking care of the citizens and their needs, not speaking in a handout form, but more in a way for people to be able to make a good living and provide for their families. It seems more about causing disruption to their lives now. We have the Red bashing the Blue and the Blue Bashing the Red what we need is the White to grab them both and smack them upside the head and make them realize we are all people not a color or a voting party.

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26
  • #15 by LowSlowJoe on 29 Oct 2018
  • What's really sad, is that unless you are on the extreme edges of this, your not likely to find any good political candidates worthy of voting for.
Pages:
Actions