Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pnwgrllr on 02 Nov 2018
  • Howdy,

My name is David.  I have been a griller for many years.  I am currently cookin' it up with a BGE that I have had for many years.  I bought my first Kamado from a dealer in Atlanta who is now the distributor/owner of BGE.

I have decided to add a pellet pooper to my grillin' stable in Spring 2019 and was directed to this site by a fellow Reddit user.  I am on the fence about which unit to buy, but am looking at Rec Tec Stampede, Grilla Silverbac, LG 800E and Blaz'n Grills Grand Slam.  I am interested in a Yoder 480, but the cost is a bit out of my range.

My first dilemma is whether I want to buy Chinese made or US made.  I realize the Chinese made ones are assembled in the US, but I'm just not sure yet if I really want to contribute to the Chinese economy any more than I am.

Anyway, glad to be here and TIA to all for the site and any contributions.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 02 Nov 2018
  •  
    Welcome David!  I'll leave the pit decision up to you as I consider it to a very PERSONAL choice, as in purchasing clothing or an automobile..If you have any questions ask away..You can always PM a person if

you feel the information may be sensitive or you want to keep things private.
  • #3 by pnwgrllr on 02 Nov 2018
  • Thanks Canadian John.  I am waiting for our government to approve my Nexus renewal so we can visit our friends in Port Coquitlam.  :)
  • #4 by SurfAndTurf on 02 Nov 2018
  • Hello there! I live in AZ so opposite border :)
    We bought a Camp Chef and it's been a good "first" pellet grill.

I have my eye on an upgrade sometime next year... 8)
  • #5 by triplebq on 02 Nov 2018
  • Welcome to the group
  • #6 by riverrat49 on 03 Nov 2018
  • Welcome to the Forum from Spokane...

Howdy,

My name is David.  I have been a griller for many years.  I am currently cookin' it up with a BGE that I have had for many years.  I bought my first Kamado from a dealer in Atlanta who is now the distributor/owner of BGE.

I have decided to add a pellet pooper to my grillin' stable in Spring 2019 and was directed to this site by a fellow Reddit user.  I am on the fence about which unit to buy, but am looking at Rec Tec Stampede, Grilla Silverbac, LG 800E and Blaz'n Grills Grand Slam.  I am interested in a Yoder 480, but the cost is a bit out of my range.

My first dilemma is whether I want to buy Chinese made or US made.  I realize the Chinese made ones are assembled in the US, but I'm just not sure yet if I really want to contribute to the Chinese economy any more than I am.

Anyway, glad to be here and TIA to all for the site and any contributions.
  • #7 by KrautBurner on 11 Dec 2018
  • Hello from Sunny Sequim, Wa

Where in Wa are you

As far as your dilemma
    I would love to tell you that I always buy American when I can (that’s not the case)
    I am looking enough to have an old American made Traeger 124

Recently I’ve kind of been thinking about getting a new pit
    I’m kind of on the fence between a rec tech and an American made Blazin’ (Nebraska)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages:
Actions