Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by RobertG on 11 Nov 2018
  • I wanted to say thank you to all the Veterans and active military members, and their families for their service.   Thank You!   :clap:
  • #2 by GREG-B on 11 Nov 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]     Yes.....Thank you
  • #3 by Bobitis on 11 Nov 2018
  • Thank you to all that have served and still do today.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEs4ke7cdNQ?feature=player_detailpage%25

Please do not forget those 'behind the lines', as they have suffered greatly as well. Mom worked at the Casualty office at FT Lewis during the Viet Nam conflict. Her job? Making arrangements for the fallen to come home. Making arrangements for their burials. Notifying the families of the matters. That's a pretty xxxxxx job.

I could tell you of horror stories she brought home with her. One that sticks in my mind was a young man coming home that had been brainwashed by the Vietcong. He was freed from a POW camp, yet all he could do was sit crossed legged and chant "I am a monkey... I am a monkey...".

Many a night, I would awake to Mom crying in the middle of the night. I did my best to comfort her, but the scars never went away. She left her job, and it took decades for her to overcome the trauma she endured. No, it's not like laying your life on the line, but there is collateral damage made.

She was never a Veteran. She was a 'civilian' that supported our Nation in a never appreciated way. I remember the tears. I remember the nightmares. I remember rubbing the cramps out of her feet. I remember making dinner for the family so she didn't have to when she got home.

This day belongs to many. Never forget.

Thank you to all that have served in any way.
  • #4 by pmillen on 11 Nov 2018
  • A moving story, Bob.  One of a patriot's sacrifice and a son's devotion.  I didn't stop to think about the people who staffed these necessary jobs.
  • #5 by urnmor on 11 Nov 2018
  • Bob
    I totally agree with you.  So often we forget those who supported our servicemen and women.  I always like to remind folks that although my wife and children did not wear the uniform they were my support. IMO the sacrifices they made for me during my career can never be overstated.  My wife raises our three children when I was away.  She often had to pack the house if I was deployed first,  the children except for our youngest moved and was uprooted from their friends more times then I care to remember, however, they never complained .  IMO the families also are veterans.
  • #6 by yorkdude on 11 Nov 2018
  • Thank you to all that have served and still do today.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEs4ke7cdNQ?feature=player_detailpage%25

Please do not forget those 'behind the lines', as they have suffered greatly as well. Mom worked at the Casualty office at FT Lewis during the Viet Nam conflict. Her job? Making arrangements for the fallen to come home. Making arrangements for their burials. Notifying the families of the matters. That's a pretty xxxxxx job.

I could tell you of horror stories she brought home with her. One that sticks in my mind was a young man coming home that had been brainwashed by the Vietcong. He was freed from a POW camp, yet all he could do was sit crossed legged and chant "I am a monkey... I am a monkey...".

Many a night, I would awake to Mom crying in the middle of the night. I did my best to comfort her, but the scars never went away. She left her job, and it took decades for her to overcome the trauma she endured. No, it's not like laying your life on the line, but there is collateral damage made.

She was never a Veteran. She was a 'civilian' that supported our Nation in a never appreciated way. I remember the tears. I remember the nightmares. I remember rubbing the cramps out of her feet. I remember making dinner for the family so she didn't have to when she got home.

This day belongs to many. Never forget.

Thank you to all that have served in any way.
    We are all so very lucky to live in the greatest country that is only possible by the true peace keepers, warriors and patriots. We take so much for granted, without them we wouldn’t know life as we do.
    Urnmor and all vets families, Thank You, that is a sacrifice very few know.
  • #7 by Trooper on 12 Nov 2018
  • #8 by Canadian John on 12 Nov 2018

•  We owe so much to ALL that have served. For that, THANK YOU!   

War is a terrible thing that should never be repeated..
  • #9 by KeithG on 12 Nov 2018
  • Another thanks to those who currently serve and their families for their service as well as veterans, their families and the families of those who didn’t make it home for their sacrifices to protect our country.
  • #10 by glitchy on 14 Nov 2018
  • A couple days late, but thank you to all that have served our wonderful country.
Pages:
Actions