Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 18 Nov 2018

•  I was always trying to find a way to clean the coffee stains off my stainless steel mug..Hot soapy water and a scrub brush didn't work either did baking soda or anything else I tried, until I tried bleach. About

a teaspoon or two does it. Simply and carefully maneuver the mug so the bleach is allowed to cover the complete inside. Best done over a sink in the event of a spill. The stain removal process is almost

instant and requires no mechanical intervention (brushing)..Works the same on tea stains too..In fact I just cleaned cranberry stains from our small stainless dishes... My daughters stainless thermo coffee

pot was heavily stained inside with  a thick layer, black in colour. That came off but required two doses of just swirling to get it shiny.  In all cases, a good rinse with hot water is suggester to remove any

residing bleach.  A final note: Bleach is nasty so use just what you need.
  • #2 by pmillen on 18 Nov 2018
  • Bleach?  Like chlorine bleach?
  • #3 by Canadian John on 19 Nov 2018
  • #4 by Peterwoody on 19 Nov 2018
  • I use oxi-clean in a solution to clean the inside of my SS coffee pot. Soak for an hour or two and it come up like new.
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 20 Nov 2018
  • Bleach works good on the Tidy Whities also.
  • #6 by sleebus.jones on 20 Nov 2018
  • Bleach?  Like chlorine bleach?
    Bleach?  Like chlorine bleach?
    Yes.

The problem is that the chlorides in bleach will attack stainless steel and discolor/damage/make it rust.  I'd suggest you don't do that.

However, you can use Cafiza 2 cleaner, which is what I use to clean my espresso machine and it will not attack stainless steel or any other metal, and works pretty much the same.  Throw a tablespoon in there, splash some hot water in there, very casual brush with a dish brush and you are good to go with no fear of chloriding your mug.
Pages:
Actions