Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by TechMOGogy on 10 Sep 2017
  • My brisket finally worked out and it was GREAT!  And I really do mean great - great flavor, smoke and juicy (even the flat)
    Was a day of weird happenings:FEC100 flamed out for the 2nd time in 7-8 years at about hour 3 and then for some reason when I restarted it the normal 12 hour cook time went to the 2 hour cook time so at hour 5 it went into hold mode (I caught that one pretty quick).
    Anyways, I followed Franklin's basic method (have his book), it was about a 10 hour cook, and then I had to rest it a bit longer than I hand planned (3 hours) but it was still 160 IT which was perfect.
    Really happy and can't wait to do another!
    Even my wife (who does not really enjoy brisket) liked it and had seconds!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

• #2 by Kristin Meredith on 10 Sep 2017
  • Ohhhh, that looks great and so moist.  Good job :clap:
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 10 Sep 2017
  • Looks good, great bark & smoke ring.
  • #4 by Bentley on 10 Sep 2017
  • I am glad you have found or are at least at the end of the path to El Dorado!
  • #5 by Queball on 10 Sep 2017
  • Nicely Done! .... Good things take time ... I'd say you hit that one out of the park! And alas! .... There is finally peace in the valley. ..... Good for you!
    • Queball
  • #6 by Free Mr. Tony on 10 Sep 2017
  • So satisfying to slice into the flat, and see the juice start to run down the meat. Glad you nailed one.
  • #7 by TLK on 11 Sep 2017
  • Looks like a good one!  Nice job!
  • #8 by TechMOGogy on 11 Sep 2017
  • Thanks to all that have offered tips, advice, guided me and ultimately help product this piece of heaven :)
    I have meticulous notes and 1 more prime brisket - if I can repeat it.. then I can finally claim to be a real Pellet Fan!
  • #9 by riverrat49 on 11 Sep 2017
  • Nice brisket  :clap: :clap:
  • #10 by LowSlowJoe on 11 Sep 2017
  • Thanks to all that have offered tips, advice, guided me and ultimately help product this piece of heaven :)
    I have meticulous notes and 1 more prime brisket - if I can repeat it.. then I can finally claim to be a real Pellet Fan!

If you can repeat it, I want lessons...      Brisket is still hit or miss for me... I have more hits then fouls, but... Brisket still seems like the hardest thing to cook so that it's consistently moist... Fortunately for me, it always seems to taste good even if it's not moist.
  • #11 by pz on 11 Sep 2017
  • Looks really good  ;)
  • #12 by LowSlowFoShow on 11 Sep 2017
  • Nice work!
Pages:
Actions