Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GatorDave on 02 Aug 2018
  • I have found my next gadget purchase.  The Qwick Trim Brisket Trimmer.  This thing looks kind of awesome and easy to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnRMA4VC8-c

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2018
  • My brother makes about 40-50 packers a week.  He used it for a few days.  At first, he thought it was great.  Then, he realized the meat needs to be really cold or semi frozen to work really good, and the blade dulled pretty quickly.  He gave it to me.  I tried it once and put it back on the shelf.  We both use really a really sharp knife instead.

Glad to hear it is working great for someone else though.
  • #3 by GatorDave on 02 Aug 2018
  • I'm going to give it a try.  One qwik trim with a 6 pack of replacement blades is $36.  It seems like a low enough price for me to give it a shot and see how it does.  I do the trimming when it's cold anyhow, so hopefully I won't have the same issues.
  • #4 by Bentley on 02 Aug 2018
  • Sweet Suzie...please have some one tell that guy how to trim!

That is a good looking device, I want it more for sweet potatoes!

DOH!  If that is you in the Video Dave, I gotta stand by my assessment!
  • #5 by GatorDave on 03 Aug 2018
  • Sweet Suzie...please have some one tell that guy how to trim!

That is a good looking device, I want it more for sweet potatoes!

DOH!  If that is you in the Video Dave, I gotta stand by my assessment!

Not me.
  • #6 by KrautBurner on 13 Dec 2018
  • I'm going to give it a try.  One qwik trim with a 6 pack of replacement blades is $36.  It seems like a low enough price for me to give it a shot and see how it does.  I do the trimming when it's cold anyhow, so hopefully I won't have the same issues.

so....   
    did you get it?

what do you think?

I found it on amazon for $21  https://www.amazon.com/Qwick-Trim-Brisket-Trimmer-QT001/dp/B01BOD5LUK
    but didn't see anything for replacement blades

I'm thinking this could be a good stocking stuffer for my Father In Law
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Dec 2018
  • waste of money in my opinion
Pages:
Actions