Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LowSlowJoe on 30 Oct 2018
  • I don't think Bentley or Kristin will mind, if I post this.   If they do, feel free to remove it...

But there's a new WiFi/Bluetooth remote read thermometer system on the market, from Thermoworks...   I'm sure any of you who are on their mailing list, already are aware, but for those of you , who aren't...

It's called "Signalsâ„¢ 4-Channel Smart BBQ Alarm Thermometer"

https://youtu.be/emweZloWYxI
  • #2 by triplebq on 30 Oct 2018
  • Just received the email.  ;D
  • #3 by LowSlowJoe on 30 Oct 2018
  • They certainly didn't put out any advanced info on this... or at least none that I'm aware of.       Google search on the name of it, comes up with virtually nothing. 

Maybe this is better off in the "food related section".     
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Oct 2018
  • I posted about it last week.  They had a pic of it in a blog post of their's.  Ordered mine first thing this morning when I got the email that it was available.  Will come in handy in Nov/Dec when I do my last cook's before Winter.  Maybe it will arrive by the weekend if they ship today.  I ordered some of the probe extensions right away so I can maybe run it to multiple grills.  Now, I need to find a home for the Smoke or Dot units I won't be using.  I have several units with K probes too that don't get used much anymore either.
  • #5 by LowSlowJoe on 30 Oct 2018
  • If I didn't already have a Fireboard, I'd be all over this one...     Heck, it's going to be all I can do to resist buying one just to play with ( I already have several pro-series probes too, so... )   I'm a true gadget geek/freak... and I have no doubt that Thermoworks has done a great job with this one.   

I never quite understood their "Smoke" offering, I think it was one of the few things they did that just wasn't very well thought out, or they came to market with that, at a bad time... or something.  But just never liked that you had to buy an additional item to get the WiFi functionality with it, not to mention it is only two probes.   It does make me wonder, just how much cheaper ( if any ), a Smoke might go for in the near future.
  • #6 by urnmor on 30 Oct 2018
  • I recently purchased a Smoke however I would have preferred the Signalsâ„¢ 4-Channel Smart BBQ Alarm Thermometer if it had been available.  I wonder if they will offer a discount to those of us who recently purchased the smoke.
  • #7 by WiPelletHead on 30 Oct 2018
  • This looks like a great thing for a Pellet Fan raffle.

Easy for Bentley to run through it's paces. Easy to pack back up and ship. I think!

FMT would you be in to run one again?

Any comments from members?

• #8 by LowSlowJoe on 31 Oct 2018
  • Up to Bentley, but I'd be in to pay a bit , for a review and chance to get it after the review.
  • #9 by Bentley on 31 Oct 2018
  • That was Kristin's & the members gig...I am ready.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 31 Oct 2018
  • This looks like a great thing for a Pellet Fan raffle.

Easy for Bentley to run through it's paces. Easy to pack back up and ship. I think!

FMT would you be in to run one again?

Any comments from members?
    Great idea, I'm for it.
Pages:
Actions