Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Southern Blues Trip  (Read 1017 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Another Southern Blues Trip
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »

The "X" is where Elvis was located when he recorded "That's Alright" in Sun Studios.  Interesting tour.  Didn't realize it was the secretary who recorded him originally on his first demo.  Didn't know Sun sold him to RCA for $35,000 which apparently gave Sun money to record and distribute other artists like Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Charlie Rich, etc.  Also, didn't know that they were closed for 25 years or so.  And, that U2 recorded some of their Rattle and Hum album there.

Doesn't look I am going to make it to Graceland this trip.  I have read that they recommend at least 4 hours of time, and I don't have the patience for that right now.  Probably not making it to Walnut Ridge, AR to see the Beatles sites either.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »

Elvis Statue in TN Visitors Center on Riverside Drive in Memphis

BB King Statue in TN Visitors Center on Riverside Drive in Memphis

Bass Pro Shops in the Pyramid (former basketball and arena football arena)

Bridge going across Mississippi River from Memphis, TN to West Memphis, AR (stylized by Google from my picture)

Gibson Guitar factory near Beale St (which I read is for sale as they need more capacity and I didn't get to tour)
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 09:59:28 AM »

There are over a thousand pictures in the link to Google Photo album below.  Mother nature was not cooperative in me getting there with 8in snow the day before I was supposed to leave.  Nor was she cooperative getting me home with a blizzard hitting Chicago the day I was supposed to fly back home through there.  Hopefully, I get home today.  Time will tell here later this afternoon whether my connecting flight from Memphis to Chicago will be able to get out of O'Hare.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SYZQfJosSjbpkEf46

RWhyman

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:46 PM »

There are over a thousand pictures in the link to Google Photo album below.  Mother nature was not cooperative in me getting there with 8in snow the day before I was supposed to leave.  Nor was she cooperative getting me home with a blizzard hitting Chicago the day I was supposed to fly back home through there.  Hopefully, I get home today.  Time will tell here later this afternoon whether my connecting flight from Memphis to Chicago will be able to get out of O'Hare.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SYZQfJosSjbpkEf46

Great photos, thanks for sharing.
Blaz'n Grand Slam, Yoder 640, 36" Blackstone Griddle, RecTec 340 & 22" Blackstone Griddle in the 5th Wheel

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »

You are welcome, thanks for looking.

Well, I didn't make it how yesterday.  Got to ticket counter at Memphis airport to find out that my flight was cancelled and they couldn't get me on a flight until Wednesday.  Had to have wife drive 90 minutes north to pick me up at airport.  I am now working from my mother in laws for the next three days and then driving home 18 hours with my wife this weekend.  Should be fun to try to figure out how to fit my suitcases in an already jam packed car.

SurfAndTurf

• Using less gas.
!!
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »

It may be time to think of re-location!

Hopefully you are home safe! Love the link, some things are so different since I lived there. Just getting old, as places change.

Please do the trip to Muscle Shoals and on to the Gulf Coast, you will love it. I'm going to talk hubby into doing it one more time.
SurfAndTurf

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

I think when I come back for the Juke Joint Fest in April I am going to go to Muscle Schoals and the MS Gulf Coast on that trip.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: !!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »

It may be time to think of re-location!

Hopefully you are home safe! Love the link, some things are so different since I lived there. Just getting old, as places change.

Please do the trip to Muscle Shoals and on to the Gulf Coast, you will love it. I'm going to talk hubby into doing it one more time.

Where did you live?

SurfAndTurf

• Using less gas.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 08:55:11 PM »

Collierville, TN and Olive Branch, MS!
Now a Scottsdale, AZ resident ???
SurfAndTurf

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »

Collierville, TN and Olive Branch, MS!
Now a Scottsdale, AZ resident ???

Not sure how long since you have been back there but there is a highway that runs from Tunica out past Colierville now that is easier driving than taking 61 thru Memphis to I-40.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up