Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixing a Mistake....with Soup!  (Read 271 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Fixing a Mistake....with Soup!
« on: December 13, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »

Had the family to dinner a few nights ago as a send off for my sister and BIL who are flying to California to be with his family for the holidays and a bit beyond.  Bent made meatloaf on the Pro -- always a favorite -- and I decided to make au gratin potatoes (or really a combo of au gratin and scalloped).

I used such a big container that I thought I needed a fair amount of cheese sauce (i was not using a recipe).  Well, I used too much cheese sauce.  Family thought they were great, but both Bent and I thought too much cheese sauce.  So today, I decided to rework the leftovers into a "potatoes au gratin" soup.  Don't know if that is a real soup or not since I just decided to throw things in and see how it went.  4 cups of chicken broth, all the left over potatoes, maybe a cup of whole milk, a splash of half and half and some dried mashed potato flakes. Not half bad and I know the uncles will love it for lunch on those cold damp December days.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Fixing a Mistake....with Soup!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 11:32:51 AM »

Chili and soup are great ways to use a "bad" cook.  Nice job on salvaging the food and taking care of the family
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Re: Fixing a Mistake....with Soup!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »

Had the family to dinner a few nights

... Don't know if that is a real soup or not since I just decided to throw things in and see how it went. 
I think throwing things in and seeing how they go is the very definition of soup! It sounds really good, glad it turned out.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio
Pages: [1]   Go Up