Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not a bad day!  (Read 1085 times)

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Not a bad day!
« on: December 14, 2018, 12:14:59 AM »

Went shopping for the first time today at Costco, a friend loaned me their card. I snuck in once a few months ago just to look around, but this was my first buying opportunity. The highlight was running into a guy with a cart full of meat. Asked him what he was going to do with it and his eyes lit up as he started talking about his Rec-Tec. Then the phone came out as we started looking at various cooking ventures! Didn’t buy much, but it was fun to look.

The real kicker came when I went to a "Farm and Home" store to buy pellets for a party I am doing on Monday. I have mentioned in previous threads that my pellets of choice are "Pro Pellets", a 100% hardwood heating pellet that is made locally. I didn’t see them so I asked a clerk specifically for them. She said they were out and tried to direct me to a different brand. I thanked her and told her I really wanted that particular brand.

As I was getting ready to leave a guy came over and asked what I was looking for. I went through the whole spiel about why I liked those particular pellets and trusted them for cooking. Come to find out he was a manufacturers rep for those pellets. We talked for a bit and I learned some things about the pellet industry. I am even more sold on the pellets. I’ll do a separate post in the pellet section.

I had a great time today. Finalized plans for the Christmas party, survived Costco, have most of the food purchased and a game plan in place. On top of that got to meet some good folks! Not a bad day!!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Not a bad day!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:20:54 AM »

Sounds like a very interesting day!

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 08:04:23 AM »

Most interesting! Can't wait to hear about the pellet conversation.... I too use hardwood heating pellets exclusively that are locally manufactured. Have been for close to 7 years.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »

Most interesting! Can't wait to hear about the pellet conversation.... I too use hardwood heating pellets exclusively that are locally manufactured. Have been for close to 7 years.

Check out the "Pellet" thread.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »

JD,
Glad you're able to do some shopping at Costco.
Where is there one near you, Kzoo?
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »

JD,
Glad you're able to do some shopping at Costco.
Where is there one near you, Kzoo?

Good to see your name pop up! Kazoo is the closest. It was a nice place to visit, but I'm not sure if I want to be a member.

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you get it. Have a Merry Christmas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up