Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 16 Dec 2018
  • Was in Sams yesterday and noticed they where selling 40lb bags at .40 cents a pound. Was a brand I had never heard of but seemed like good price.
  • #2 by sleebus.jones on 16 Dec 2018
  • Was in Sams yesterday and noticed they where selling 40lb bags at .40 cents a pound. Was a brand I had never heard of but seemed like good price.

Brand info would have been good info to share.
  • #3 by ylr on 17 Dec 2018
  • There's nothing on Sam's website regarding pellets. Curious!
  • #4 by TravlinMan on 17 Dec 2018
  • There's nothing on Sam's website regarding pellets. Curious!

For entertainment, I looked up 'wood pellet' on their web site and it pulled up 'Smoke Hollow BBQ blend' 20# @ $18.48 and out of stock. 

It looks like they are now carrying the 'Pit Boss' line of pellet grills, it wouldn't surprise me if they started carrying the pit boss line of pellets also.

............ :bbq:
  • #5 by BC Buck on 17 Dec 2018
  •  Smoke Hollow 40lb bags for $16. All they offered was a blend.
  • #6 by bten on 17 Dec 2018
  • Has anyone tried them? How do they compare to lumberjack or BBQ Delight pellets?
  • #7 by jstrand on 04 Mar 2019
  • I bought a bag the other day. They are called Smokehouse hardwood bbq pellets, smokehouse blend. Blend of hickory, oak, maple and cherry. Think I paid just under 15 bucks a bag. If you go to smokehouseproducts website you can see them listed.
    I haven't tried them yet but they look good.
  • #8 by reubenray on 26 Jun 2019
  • I bought a bag the other day. They are called Smokehouse hardwood bbq pellets, smokehouse blend. Blend of hickory, oak, maple and cherry. Think I paid just under 15 bucks a bag. If you go to smokehouseproducts website you can see them listed.
    I haven't tried them yet but they look good.

Did you try these yet?
  • #9 by reubenray on 16 Aug 2019
  • After using these pellets three times I would advise everyone not to use them.  I noticed they were bigger than the Lumberjack pellets, but I figured so what.  These pellets created auger problems on all three smokes.  The auger sounds like it is jamming up and then the temperature would drop fast.  Each time I was able to bump up my temperature to get through the current smoke.  Today I dug out the Sam's Club pellets and put in Lumberjack instead while risking that the smoker would stall out.  I will use the rest of them in my smoke tube instead.
  • #10 by BC Buck on 17 Aug 2019
  • After using these pellets three times I would advise everyone not to use them.  I noticed they were bigger than the Lumberjack pellets, but I figured so what.  These pellets created auger problems on all three smokes.  The auger sounds like it is jamming up and then the temperature would drop fast.  Each time I was able to bump up my temperature to get through the current smoke.  Today I dug out the Sam's Club pellets and put in Lumberjack instead while risking that the smoker would stall out.  I will use the rest of them in my smoke tube instead.
    Great post, thanks for the input. Will be returning them to Sams and sticking with my LJ. What grill where you running them in?
  • #11 by reubenray on 17 Aug 2019
    Great post, thanks for the input. Will be returning them to Sams and sticking with my LJ. What grill where you running them in?

I was using them in my Daniel Boone.  I am hoping they did not damage my auger or something else.  I will be cleaning them all out of my hopper today and just run it to see how it runs.  Fortunately I only used the smoker for a few hours yesterday instead of an overnight cook.
Pages:
Actions