Pages:
Actions
  • #136 by hughver on 01 Mar 2019
  • I too had deleted the link but it's nice to have access to all of that good data.
  • #137 by ScottE on 02 Mar 2019
  • I'm surprised it ever came back at this point. I think the owner has a new hobby anyway: mavicpilots.com/threads/anyone-in-arizona-phoenix-area-interested-in-hitting-some-nice-clear-spots-this-weekend.51935/#post-596460

Maybe it's not the same guy...
  • #138 by Bentley on 02 Mar 2019
  • I doubt it is.
  • #139 by Bobitis on 02 Mar 2019
  • AND... the pm's are still being moderated/modified.

Nice place they created.... >:(
  • #140 by Trooper on 03 Mar 2019
  • Well, when you consider the main player(s) involved in the whole fiasco,
     it's easier to understand.
  • #141 by Bobitis on 03 Mar 2019
  • Well, when you consider the main player(s) involved in the whole fiasco,
     it's easier to understand.

This is what gets me. Why? Why would anyone pay good money for a site and walk away from it?

The sites been up for a few days and there's only 1 new post. And it was questioning the validity of the site being up (again).
    Burk123 (the supposed owner) was last logged on 10/09/2018. Really? Your site recovers from a melt down and you are absent?  ???

I'm happy that it's back up for historical purposes. Sadly, there's no one there I can interact with so I deleted my account.

I just can't fathom what happened, but here is my new home.

• #142 by Bentley on 03 Mar 2019
  • It coming back online, again, and the "owner" as you say, not caring!  I would love to know how it just pops back up!
  • #143 by JoeGrilling on 05 Mar 2019
  • Too bad this site doesn't remain online because of the ancient pellet smoker history it contains.  I could have used it while building my homemade smoker.  It always seemed to be dead when I was researching something or another.   
  • #144 by Bentley on 06 Jun 2019
  • Well, I wonder if this is the final Death Knell?
  • #145 by W6YJ on 07 Jun 2019
  • Well, I wonder if this is the final Death Knell?

My guess is you're correct as while it was up it was only getting a singular post every few days.

It is too bad that once it is dead for good, all the knowledge will disappear.
  • #146 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jun 2019
  • I would not say all the knowledge would be gone.  There is still a bunch of knowledge here.  Maybe some archives or history or recipes are gone, but not all of the knowledge.
  • #147 by W6YJ on 08 Jun 2019
  • Agreed. I left out one important word. The sentence should have said "all the knowledge there....".
  • #148 by smokin soon on 08 Jun 2019
  • I don't feel that anything is lost at all. Most, if not all of the most experienced cookers are here and respond quickly to any questions about recipes, grill upgrades, problems or whatever. As much as I enjoyed all of the Pit reviews and testing, they seem less relevant now with the industry changing so much in a short period of time.
  • #149 by dk117 on 21 May 2020
  • I'm a little tentative on resurrecting this thread.  Been working for 17 out of 18 days 13 hours yesterday , just needed a break. I mistakenly typed in pelletheads.com instead of pelletfan.com   

It resolves to https://pellethead.com/online-home-page/

Earth Sense Energy Systems Inc.
  • #150 by ylr on 22 May 2020
  • Apparently, there's a Mr. Pellethead there..... ::)
Pages:
Actions