Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Did I miss something? Pelletheads is back online?  (Read 5749 times)

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Did I miss something? Pelletheads is back online?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »

What I don't get is why even keep it on-line?
Reminds me of the old saying, "the lights are on but no one is home".
I do check it but only when it is mentioned here, otherwise it truly never crosses my mind.
Strange all the way around if you ask me.

triplebq

• If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 08:59:11 PM »

I was logging into the site but switched my email and tried to update it on the site. Well that was a few months ago. I never received the new activation email so I guess I'm not wanted.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »

i think rip van winkle is a one man show over there.  you would think at some point he would throw in the towel.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »

i think rip van winkle is a one man show over there.  you would think at some point he would throw in the towel.

Jvw has been banned from this site. Low Slow Joe here is still a mod there. I think there's one other...

Neither of them has been able to help me in getting to get back on line. The 'mods' there have no powers than to eliminate posts. They have no say in any form of the sites well being. They exist only for the purpose of removing all posts pointed to another site. Pretty sad all in all.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »

Jvw has been banned from this site. Low Slow Joe here is still a mod there. I think there's one other...

Neither of them has been able to help me in getting to get back on line. The 'mods' there have no powers than to eliminate posts. They have no say in any form of the sites well being. They exist only for the purpose of removing all posts pointed to another site. Pretty sad all in all.

I know JVW was banned here for good reasons.

He was always more than happy to bash a grill even when he had no dog in the fight.

If it was a Traeger or Yoder it was all good with him.

Any one remember when a customer had a bad delivery with his Memphis grill?

Well he jumped all over Memphis about that. That is when Memphis Tech quit posting. Bentley tried to warn that this would happen.

So I for one don't miss him.

Wish Memphis Tech would come on here. He was a good resource for any Memphis grill owners.
FE PG 1000

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 07:55:18 AM »

I was banned long ago just because of my last name and JVW sent me a personal email to let me know that.  So good to know I am in good company bobitis!!

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2018, 09:35:57 AM »

Wish Memphis Tech would come on here. He was a good resource for any Memphis grill owners.

I, too, miss Memphis Tech, for a myriad of reasons.  I just now sent him an email asking him to look at this site.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2018, 09:56:32 AM »

I thought I might get banned for my comment in the "Where is everybody" thread. It almost seemed like a phishing post to see who would reply with PF or send a PM to the OP so they could ban the malcontents that replied. Instead it just got locked up. My only comment was "Ever been to Jerome AZ?" It is a place I have only visited twice in my life as a kid but absolutely love(d). That town is the self proclaimed "America's most vertical city" and "The largest ghost town in America". The latter is also true of PH, only due to the way the site has been run since the passing of Larry. After promising to continue the legacy Larry built, the site was removed from service for months. When it came back the moderation has been very heavy handed. "Upgrades" have fallen well short of the promises made by multiple administrators. Moderators even publicly asking when the "upgrades" will happen only to be ignored by administrators. Multiple people forgetting their passwords and not being able to get back on due to administrators ignoring their requests. Early on, after the site came back online, I've even seen a couple posts where members had friends that wanted to join but their requests to join were ignored. It is kind of odd because someone is allowing new members as they have had new members every month since they have been online. It is almost as if the site was brought back online, only to be a thorn in the side of Pelletfan, once PF started getting a head of steam. To me, PH is a ship without a rudder, with an absent Captain, and a heavy handed first mate... I still follow to see where it is headed, but it is a shell of its former self.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:20:06 PM by slaga »
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Trooper

• Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:31 AM »

DITTO!
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Trooper

• Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »

I was as loyal to Larry and PH as a member could be. And  proud of it

I'm now banned from them. Yes I did make some disparaging remarks about Administration/Management
I think about my being banned  - it's a good thing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:21:57 AM by Trooper »
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »

I still don't think anyone believes me, but I still believe there is only one person that would have paid a Quarter of what Brenda was asking for Pelletheads and if it was more then that, I know it was that person!  I think the purchase did not do what they had hoped, and now I think they just let the HostGator contract run out and it simply goes poof!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:10:01 AM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »

Yes you were!

I was as loyal to Larry and PH as a member could be.

I'm now banned from them.
I think  -  - it's a good thing.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »

I still don't think anyone believes me, but I still believe there is only one person that would have paid a Quarter of what Brenda was asking for Pelletheads and if it was more then that, I know it was that person!  I think the purchase did not do what they had hoped, and now I think they just let the HostGator contract run out and it simply goes poof!

When does the contract expire so we can have the fireworks and party streamers ready?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »

Created on 2007-03-09
Expires on 2022-03-10
Updated on 2017-02-23
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »

While I have absolutely NO clue as to whom you would be referring to, that to me is the only thing that even remotely makes sense.
That is if I am reading between the lines correctly by assuming it was someone's hope of gaining financially?
Not sure if I am close by why else?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up