Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Gringo on 09 Aug 2018
  • I still go back and look every once in a while,  but I'm more like a gawker looking at an accident.
  • #47 by pmillen on 09 Aug 2018
  • I thought I might get banned for my comment in the "Where is everybody" thread. It almost seemed like a phishing post to see who would reply with PH or send a PM to the OP so they could ban the malcontents that replied. Instead it just got locked up.

It doesn't appear to be locked.  I commented and so did at least one other person.

I look at PH a couple of times a day.  There are still people who are seeking help.
  • #48 by Trooper on 09 Aug 2018
  • I still don't think anyone believes me
    Well I do
    I know it was that person!
    I agree again with ya, BigGuy.

I think the purchase did not do what they had hoped,
    Right again. The purchase certainly failed to destroy the B & K team!
  • #49 by yorkdude on 09 Aug 2018
  • I still don't think anyone believes me
    Well I do
    I know it was that person!
    I agree again with ya, BigGuy.

I think the purchase did not do what they had hoped,
    Right again. The purchase certainly failed to destroy the B & K team!
    Wow, had no idea. Just stupid best I can tell.
  • #50 by slaga on 09 Aug 2018
  • I thought I might get banned for my comment in the "Where is everybody" thread. It almost seemed like a phishing post to see who would reply with PH or send a PM to the OP so they could ban the malcontents that replied. Instead it just got locked up.

It doesn't appear to be locked.  I commented and so did at least one other person.

I look at PH a couple of times a day.  There are still people who are seeking help.
    It is definitely locked, and has been for at least a few days now.
  • #51 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Aug 2018
  • Wish Memphis Tech would come on here. He was a good resource for any Memphis grill owners.

I, too, miss Memphis Tech, for a myriad of reasons.  I just now sent him an email asking him to look at this site.

Memphis Tech is a member of this forum.  Tremendous knowledge and a great service attitude and very helpful, but I don't blame any manufacturer for not wanting to expose themselves and their company to bashing.  We have absolute control over this site (sorry to those who don't like to hear that) and would hopefully be able to prevent it -- which Bentley did not have the authority to do on PH (sometimes Larry was a puzzle). But I have also lived by "Once burned, twice shy" so I understand that philosophy.
  • #52 by slaga on 09 Aug 2018
  • Yeah, it sure seems to be lacking content anymore. 12 posts in 8 days is a little light.
    The ironic part is only 10 of those 12 posts show up in the recent posts page, meaning 2 posts (roughly 17%) were deleted or moved to an area us common folk cannot see. 4 more of the remaining 10 concern my "Ever been to Jerome, AZ" comment where the powers that be deemed necessary to lock the thread. As of this writing, 50% of the content in the last 9 days (month of August) ended with a locked thread or posts being deleted outright... Those numbers a quite encouraging for growth...  ;)
  • #53 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Aug 2018
  • Why would one even want to continue to moderate a site if all you do is lock and delete posts of others?  I just can't fathom how that could be enjoyable unless it was vengeful.
  • #54 by pmillen on 09 Aug 2018

It is definitely locked, and has been for at least a few days now.
    Yep.  I looked.  It's locked now.
  • #55 by slaga on 09 Aug 2018
  • Why would one even want to continue to moderate a site if all you do is lock and delete posts of others?  I just can't fathom how that could be enjoyable unless it was vengeful.

What I find really frustrating is the lack of communication. There was no reason given for locking the thread. No rules were broken, etc. No one beyond the moderators / admin have any idea why the other 2 threads were deleted/moved. If you want the masses to quit doing whatever they are doing that the moderators feel is objectionable, let them know what they did wrong. Make a post saying this thread is locked for this reason so the posters can abide by the rules, written or not. If someone's entire post needs to be deleted, replace it with "You broke rule #XX of the bylaws you agreed to when you joined this site". Most people learn from their mistakes and some even learn from the mistakes of others. Those that do not learn, become forum Darwin award winners.
  • #56 by Bobitis on 09 Aug 2018
  • Just to add to the conspiracy:

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=926.0

Read everything there, and everything here. It's quite interesting when you combine the two threads and all the replies.

Jeramy from Utah could be the new owner of Traeger. Burk Resources LLC from Utah is no longer searchable on the WWW as linked by me in the above thread. POOF!

Burk123 hired a firm (EKR Agency) also in Utah, to help develop and promote the site. EKR appears to have a good reputation from what I can tell. As of yet (6 months), there has been no change in the PH site.

If Jeramy paid a bunch of money for PH, and hired a marketing firm to promote the site, something is clearly lacking.

1) Could Jeramy be the new owner of Traeger?
    2) If so, why would he contact a site promoter like EKR when he's a master of the art already?
    3) If Burk123 truly wanted to shut down PH, he could have done so. Keep in mind that I'm not a www site guru.

To me, this appears to be a bad decision gone worse, or someone has WAY too much money and not enough time.

Carry on...   
  • #57 by GREG-B on 09 Aug 2018
  • My first and last impression of JVW was, what a horse's ###.
  • #58 by WiPelletHead on 09 Aug 2018
  • My first and last impression of JVW was, what a horse's ###.

Pretty sure some others feel the same way.

Could be a major reason he is not welcome here.

An old saying.

A snake by another name is still a snake.

And I see I have been deleted from that site now to.

Guessing good ol JVW is watching us. At least watching me.
  • #59 by Bentley on 10 Aug 2018
  • Wow!  What is the saying about power corrupting? 

I should be the bigger man and put an end to a thread like this...but I think we all know my true nature...

And I see I have been deleted from that site now to.

Guessing good ol JVW is watching us. At least watching me.
  • #60 by sleebus.jones on 11 Aug 2018

I think it's a tie between "massive incompetence in maintaining/growing a forum" and "buying it to destroy it".  I'm leaning toward the first, as for the second...the internet never forgets, although it does get more difficult to find info as time goes by.  Even though PH was popular, I don't think it qualified as a massive industry influencing juggernaut.  I just don't think it was that much of a threat, and mainly inhabited by people who weren't the Traeger target audience, and honestly the group wasn't that big in the first place in the grand scheme of things.

Besides, if you bought it to destroy it, why not just turn off the lights on day one?  Saves you the hosting costs.

Bentley, you're doing a good job letting this run.  This has all been on our minds, and it's good to have a chance to discuss it civilly.  Thanks.
Pages:
Actions