Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Did I miss something? Pelletheads is back online?  (Read 5751 times)

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
Re: Did I miss something? Pelletheads is back online?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »

Wow!  What is the saying about power corrupting? 

I should be the bigger man and put an end to a thread like this...but I think we all know my true nature...

And I see I have been deleted from that site now to.

Guessing good ol JVW is watching us. At least watching me.

I werked with a guy that was an *** at the office (and he was in many ways). If ya got him on his own time, he was delightful. To me, it's a matter of understanding one's personality and where they're coming from. Once I got over that hump, it was easy to differentiate the 2.

I recall a time back on PH where a member was bashing Kristen (imho) and responded in her defense. You and Kristen both told me to get a thicker skin. I did, and all is well now. I understand.   
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Bobitis

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2018, 01:27:03 PM »

My first and last impression of JVW was, what a horse's ###.

Pretty sure some others feel the same way.

Could be a major reason he is not welcome here.

An old saying.

A snake by another name is still a snake.

And I see I have been deleted from that site now to.

Guessing good ol JVW is watching us. At least watching me.

I can only look at PH, but I don't see where you have been 'deleted' from the site.

Bentley and Kristen are now 'guests', but you appear fine.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2018, 01:38:32 PM »

I can only look at PH, but I don't see where you have been 'deleted' from the site.

The Screen Name WiPelletHead wouldn't add to my buddy list.  Another member's would.  That looks suspiciously like a deletion.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bobitis

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »

Why would one even want to continue to moderate a site if all you do is lock and delete posts of others?  I just can't fathom how that could be enjoyable unless it was vengeful.

I think it's a tie between "massive incompetence in maintaining/growing a forum" and "buying it to destroy it".  I'm leaning toward the first, as for the second...the internet never forgets, although it does get more difficult to find info as time goes by.  Even though PH was popular, I don't think it qualified as a massive industry influencing juggernaut.  I just don't think it was that much of a threat, and mainly inhabited by people who weren't the Traeger target audience, and honestly the group wasn't that big in the first place in the grand scheme of things.

Besides, if you bought it to destroy it, why not just turn off the lights on day one?  Saves you the hosting costs.

Bentley, you're doing a good job letting this run.  This has all been on our minds, and it's good to have a chance to discuss it civilly.  Thanks.

Agreed for the most part. There are brilliant people out there that excel in their fields, yet lack a modicum of common sense in a larger picture. Our current society is a great example. Many folks can't/refuse to see the forest for the trees.

PH was a dominant site in the bbq www. Go to any other bbq site and compare. Juggernaut? Depends on what yer comparing it to. Some folks have egos that cannot be tamed. Nothing short of elimination of the competition will suffice.

It's all about greed. Some people share willingly. Some folks suck. 

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2018, 02:30:01 PM »

My status must have been changed by the more reasonable, temperate moderator on PH because I could not even view the site for a long, long time.

And not always about greed -- there was a person of means who hated Larry and tried to buy PH from him a few years back and Larry would not sell.  Some folks with means have long memories and can afford to wait for their opportunities.  A long, slow lingering death for PH would have been right in his wheelhouse.

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2018, 05:30:45 PM »

The Screen Name WiPelletHead wouldn't add to my buddy list.  Another member's would.  That looks suspiciously like a deletion.

Well, either I made a mistake or some thing has been changed.

Today I can log back in .

Now the problem is I forgot what I wanted to search for over there.

Sucks to get old.  :rotf:
FE PG 1000

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »

You still won't add to my Buddy List, others will.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »

You still won't add to my Buddy List, others will.

Try Wi Pellethead. There is a space in my user name over there.
FE PG 1000

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »

Try Wi Pellethead. There is a space in my user name over there.

That's it!  You've broken the Circle of Trust!  You're off my buddy list!   :D
Paul

slaga

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »

New look but same ole PH.

July had 43 new posts but only 38 still exist. 11.6% of the total posts are being deleted.
July and August combined - 83 total posts made, but only 74 still exist. 10.8 % of all of the posts made in the last 2 calendar months have been deleted.

Censorship is quite strong over there.

Just like here, I can only look at the last 100 new posts. There, 100 posts takes me back more than about 2 months. Here, 100 posts takes me back about 24 1/2 hours...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:03:53 PM by slaga »
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »

Just like here, I can only look at the last 100 new posts. There, 100 posts takes me back more than 2 months. Here, 100 posts takes me back about 24 1/2 hours...

[ Invalid Attachment ]
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2018, 11:30:38 AM »

I don't think I deleted 9 post in 11 years! 

Do you catch any before it is deleted?  Any idea of the content?  Does Stalin say why he is deleting it?

July had 43 new posts but only 38 still exist. 11.6% of the total posts are being deleted.
July and August combined - 83 total posts made, but only 74 still exist. 10.8 % of all of the posts made in the last 2 calendar months have been deleted.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:37:55 AM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

slaga

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 01:21:40 PM »

I've seen a few posts before they were deleted and thought that is not going to stay long and the next time I visited the post was gone. The ones I notice are usually negative comments about moderators. Only 1 really stands out and that was someone who posted in the "Where is everyone?" thread. They posted something to the affect of "Deleting posts and strong handed censorship is not a good way to run the forum." It lead me to believe there was already at least one post deleted from that thread already. I have never seen any explanation as to why a post was deleted. One day it is there and then a few hours later it is not there anymore, just poof and gone.

I don't think I deleted 9 post in 11 years! 

Do you catch any before it is deleted?  Any idea of the content?  Does Stalin say why he is deleting it?

HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Bobitis

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2018, 07:57:10 PM »

Regardless of the 'new look', I still can't get back on line. The functionality still sucks.

The 1st day it came back up, it had a link to Pelletheadsdeals.com. I checked it out and it was spam ridden. It had nothing to do with pelletheads and looked to be a an add revenue based site (of the weakest I've seen ever). Redirect, redirect, redirect...

Check me at yer own risk. Today, that link no longer exists. Weird, eh?

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »

Regardless of the 'new look', I still can't get back on line. The functionality still sucks.

The 1st day it came back up, it had a link to Pelletheadsdeals.com. I checked it out and it was spam ridden. It had nothing to do with pelletheads and looked to be a an add revenue based site (of the weakest I've seen ever). Redirect, redirect, redirect...

Check me at yer own risk. Today, that link no longer exists. Weird, eh?

Bob, I just checked and it still show you as a member.

Seems kind of funny that it shows as a secure site at times. And next thing you know, it shows as not secure.
FE PG 1000
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up