Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by Bobitis on 27 Aug 2018
  • No more comment at this time. The jury is still out as to whether privacy is even a question.
  • #92 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Aug 2018
  • Good chance I will be banned before sunlight
  • #93 by pmillen on 31 Aug 2018
  • I thought that was your goal.   :)

You're still there at about 8:30 AM CDT.

EDIT:  Your recent posts were missing two hours later.
  • #94 by Bobitis on 31 Aug 2018
  • PM's are still being monitored and manipulated at this time at PH.

Don't believe it? Send me one and I will prove it.

• #95 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Aug 2018
  • #96 by Bentley on 31 Aug 2018
  • Eyes are to old, what does it say?
  • #97 by slaga on 31 Aug 2018
  • I cannot read it either.
  • #98 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Aug 2018
  • Eyes are to old, what does it say?

I was banned
  • #99 by yorkdude on 31 Aug 2018
  • I also just noticed I was not "logged on" anymore, just opens as ......welcome guest or something.
    Not sure why it is sometimes on then sometimes as a guest.
    Can someone let me know if I am banned also.
  • #100 by Bentley on 31 Aug 2018
  • There was another site that started a few years after Pelletheads, the owner of that site felt he was not being treated fairly and decide he would start his own.  There was a big blow up on that site about PM's, a member found out that they were reading his PM's...and after getting caught with his pants down, the owner had to come out and say, yes, he did this and that he makes no bones about it.  That there is no right to privacy and what I found to be laughable...that all sites did it!  Sure they do! 

I have no idea if they are reading, or what would anger me even more is modifying PM's.  But I do not believe Bobitis would lie. Sure sounds like a similar pattern!

Glad I have no reason to be on the site anymore!

PM's are still being monitored and manipulated at this time at PH.

• #101 by pmillen on 31 Aug 2018
  • It appears to me that certain changes are being made by the software.  Here are some I've noticed–

â€¢  If I type Bentley, it immediately changes to BM
         â€¢  If I type pelletfan, it immediately changes to pelletheads
         â€¢  Typing Kristin is also changed but I don't recall the result

I don't get bent out of shape over any of it.  It's not a pivotal point in my life.  Owners may do what they want with their sites.  I just agree to play by their rules in order to participate.  I'll leave when I no longer get what I want from the site, same with all sites.
  • #102 by yorkdude on 31 Aug 2018
  • I also just noticed I was not "logged on" anymore, just opens as ......welcome guest or something.
    Not sure why it is sometimes on then sometimes as a guest.
    Can someone let me know if I am banned also.

Just sent you a PM on that site.  No error message like I get when trying to send to BBL.
    Thanks, I only check it when something like this is brought up but it is funny, when I do sometimes I am active, others a guest.
    I haven't posted there in at least a year best I remember, maybe even longer.
  • #103 by Kristin Meredith on 31 Aug 2018

•      â€¢  Typing Kristin is also changed but I don't recall the result

Sigh...I am fairly forgettable.

I agree that an owner has a right to run their site as they choose, I would just think they would be up front about what they are doing. If you are changing or substituting names, just tell people, especially if it is in their PMs.  Why wouldn't you just to avoid the grief? If they aren't up front, then I might have to pause and say, why aren't they being upfront and what else are they doing that I don't know about?  selling my info? putting cookies on my computer? Other computer stuff that I don't even know enough about to know what it would be?

If someone tells me up front, great I use at my own risk.  But if someone buys a site that has been very trustworthy for years and starts trading on that trust without telling people that the rules have changed, then I become a bit concerned.  But each person has their own level of tolerance for different types of conduct.
  • #104 by slaga on 31 Aug 2018
  • It appears to me that certain changes are being made by the software.  Here are some I've noticed–

â€¢  If I type Bentley, it immediately changes to BM
         â€¢  If I type pelletfan, it immediately changes to pelletheads
         â€¢  Typing Kristin is also changed but I don't recall the result

I don't get bent out of shape over any of it.  It's not a pivotal point in my life.  Owners may do what they want with their sites.  I just agree to play by their rules in order to participate.  I'll leave when I no longer get what I want from the site, same with all sites.

I opened a window to post in a thread and typed "Bentley and Kristin at pelletfan" and clicked on preview and the site automatically changed it to, "BM and Kristin at PF". Now if I actually owned a Bentley and wanted to talk about how awesome it was to drive, I might be a little annoyed that it changed it to BM. But, I don't have to worry about that at the moment and probably never will. I have no issue with this at all, even if it affects PMs.

• #105 by WiPelletHead on 31 Aug 2018
  • PM's are still being monitored and manipulated at this time at PH.

Bob, I sent you a PM over there.

Don't doubt you at all.

Seen some changes from what I typed.

So looks like your correct.
Pages:
Actions