Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 31 Dec 2019
  • Last day of the year im thinking a lobster. Everyone went back to Florida so not sure about day 1 long cook. Was thinking pork butt but thats a lot of meat for one person.
  • #2 by triplebq on 31 Dec 2019
  • Last cook was a fund raiser for my son's Lacrosse team (Brisket, Pulled Turkey, Sausage, Pulled Pork, Wings, Ribs).

First cook will pretty much be the same. Stocking freezers for family (Post Xmas present).
  • #3 by urnmor on 31 Dec 2019
  • I am going all out for the last cook of the year.  I will be making grilled hotdogs served on a bun with potato chips as a side.
    On New years Day I will make some BBQ Babybacks served with two sides smoked bake beans and cornbread
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 31 Dec 2019
  • Tonight is my "younger" uncle's 91st birthday, so a family dinner.  He enjoys salmon, so Bent is cooking it on the Memphis Pro this evening (brining it right now with some fresh dill).  Bentley won't eat it, but man he has sure learned how to cook it perfectly!!!

For New Year's Day, the tradition is all appetizers/finger foods set out at intervals all day long as we watch all the college football bowls.
  • #5 by pmillen on 31 Dec 2019
  • My last outdoor cook was Country Style Rib Chunks.  I'm jonesin' for steak, so that'll probably by my first for 2019.
  • #6 by litzerski on 31 Dec 2019
  • My last cook of the year was a prime rib on Friday.  My first cook of 2019 will be 6 pounds of beef snack sticks.  Meatloaf or meatballs will be the 2nd!
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 31 Dec 2019
  • We are going out tonight so the last cook was last night. Threw a bone in split turkey breast on the pit last night. Paired that with some left over baby back ribs from two nights ago, twice baked potatoes and green beans. First cook will be steak and roasted root veggies tomorrow. Got an oil less fryer as a gift so gotta try the veggies from the fryer.
  • #8 by GREG-B on 31 Dec 2019
  • Last cook today is gonna be pizza. :cool:   New Years day, Prime Rib. :lick:
  • #9 by Lothar1974 on 31 Dec 2019
  • Hot wings tonight, then a spatchcock turkey on 01/05/19.
  • #10 by mowin on 31 Dec 2019
  • If you're talking about cooks on the pit, My last '18 cook was PR on X-mass Eve.
  • #11 by BC Buck on 31 Dec 2019
  • I drove 28 miles to Waterloo IL. Its a first class meat market and picked up some big meaty beef ribs for Jan 1. The bad news is ended up buying $200 of beef and pork when I have freezer full of venison. Tonight shrimp and lobster.
  • #12 by smokin soon on 31 Dec 2019
  • Last cook, Canadian bacon. Total fail, used a wet brine for the first time - way too salty. Back to my usual Hi Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure that has done me well for many years.
  • #13 by MP09 on 31 Dec 2019
  • Last cook, Pork Loin. Almost 9 lbs. of tasty pork.  First cook tomorrow will be spatchcock chicken.
  • #14 by Bentley on 31 Dec 2019
  • As Kristin noted, I cooked the salmon for about 20 minutes tonight and tomorrow, well, I think everything maybe oven cuz it is supposed to be so nasty, if not, just about everything can go on the Pro.  If the oven happens, I will assume the next Tri-Tip will be done on the Pro This weekend for Playoffs!
  • #15 by David on 01 Jan 2019
  • Last cook of the year was a pizza sunday night,  today I am cooking baby back ribs

Pages:
Actions