Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Louisiana 900  (Read 2061 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Louisiana 900
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »

do yourself a favor and buy a remote thermometer to be able to measure temps at grate levels in the smoker and cold smoker...i wouldnt trust the thermometers on the lid and door
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 11:14:51 PM »

Thanks for sharing pictures and keep on sharing your thoughts!  I like what I'm seeing!

martyhanson23

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 09:48:53 AM »

So, this is the very 1st cheese I smoked a few weeks ago.  This was Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar, and Pepper Jack.  I remembered that I did a few things just a little bit differently on that 1st smoked cheese, than I did on this last one. 

On this 1st smoke(pictures here), I used Pit Boss pellets, I also had cheese on the very bottom rack in the cold smoker, I also let the cheese sit out for a little longer to get to room temperature before putting them in the smoker, and I bought these blocks of cheese from the Meat Market.  I think they might be a little better quality of cheese.

So on this second smoked cheese where they look a little more deformed or melted slightly, I used some different cheese.  One is a pepper jack with jalapeno's  in it.  Another is the Colby Jack.  And the other one is another Mozzarella.  These were blocks of cheese I just picked up at HyVee and they were the HyVee brand.  So on this second smoked cheese, I was using Lumberjack pellets, I was in more of a hurry and let the cheese not sit out and get to room temperature before putting them in the cold smoker, and I also didn't put them on the very bottom rack which may have made a slight difference, but I doubt it.  (Quite Possible though)   

So these pieces of cheese that I have attached here was my very first smoked cheese adventure, and all those other pictures  I posted before this were my 2nd smoked cheese on the LG 900. 

It's all a learning process of trial and error.  My guess is that this last smoked cheese I did is really going to taste good........

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »

Bruh you better slow down on the cheese or you are gonna get backed up!

martyhanson23

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 12:46:36 PM »

I haven't hardly eatin' any of it.  I gave some out for Christmas to my family, and my latest smoked cheese will be used for Superbowl party or something. 

Thanks for worrying about me though!   :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up