Poll: Who wins?

Rams
Saints
Chiefs
The Cheaters

Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by RWhyman on 21 Jan 2019
  • One of the all time worst non-calls in NFL history.

The Saints got royally screwed. Even the NFL admits it. And that was just the worst of many non-calls.

I won't be watching the SB.

And what's with the roughing the passer call against Brady. The defender didn't even touch his head. Should have been 4th down and a punt, but the drive continues and they score. Pathetic!
  • #17 by urnmor on 21 Jan 2019
  • It is interesting when our teams loos a close game we usually blame it on one play, however when our teams wins their bad plays are forgotten.  Anyway root for your team and don't trust the talking heads as it seems that most times 50% are wrong.  Just my opinion   
  • #18 by Bentley on 21 Jan 2019
  • I think the "non call" is all the Rams are going to hear about for 2 weeks.  How they lucked into the Game, and don't belong there.  I never played anywhere near Professional level, but I can guarantee if I had to hear that BS for 2 weeks, I would be ready for the 1st play of my next game!
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jan 2019
  • It is interesting when our teams loos a close game we usually blame it on one play, however when our teams wins their bad plays are forgotten.  Anyway root for your team and don't trust the talking heads as it seems that most times 50% are wrong.  Just my opinion   

I used to be this way.  Now, I say they had plenty of chances to put the game away and didn't.  Sure, one play may not have helped, but they shouldn't have been in that position anyway if they truly were the better team that day.  So, I give the other team credit for the W and I move on with my life.  I feel much better this way than I used to when games didn't go the right direction.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jan 2019
  • My favorite Romo call of the game was when he said Brady checked out of the play so now the guy is going to go in motion and they are going to run the ball to the right.  He had actually said that could happen earlier in the quarter, but Brady didn't check out of the play so they ran up the middle.  For him to know the tendencies that well puts other DC to shame in the league.  Why not disguise a scheme and then check into another when he does and have him fall into your trap?  Yeah, you can't do that all game, but if it works 1-2 times a game it can make a difference as we saw in both games yesterday.  I think a lot of DC in the league could learn a lot by sitting down with Romo to watch game film.  And, there are probably other Romo equivalents who are just as good as him out there who are not getting to show it because there are not many play by play analysts for TV stations.  Some people don't like watching a game he announces but I find it interesting and have learned a lot about the game over the last few years he has been on TV.
  • #21 by ICIdaho on 21 Jan 2019
  • I have no side in any of the games this weekend.  That being said, if you rely on the refs to call a perfect game to win, you will probably lose more than you win.  A ref's bad/no call is as much a part of the game as the players fumble or spectacular catch.  Don't allow your team to be in a position where one call can make or break your chances.  Every year it is the same "boohoo" on the losing side.   
  • #22 by slaga on 21 Jan 2019
  • In this day and age, with the technology that exists, the NFL could definitely do a better job getting the calls correct. They have all of these different angles to make TV viewership what it is, and then completely ignore the same technology when it comes to enforcing the rules. Week in and week out, there are blatant missed calls or incorrect calls, many of which impact the final outcome of the games. If the announcers can see the bad/missed calls and bring them up before the next play starts, the NFL can too and chooses not to do anything about it. That is bad for the integrity of the game and the NFL.

That said both the NFC  and AFC Championship games were competitive and went into OT. Good football was on TV and I enjoyed what I got to see.
  • #23 by Bentley on 21 Jan 2019
  • They were 2 good games!
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jan 2019
  • They were 2 good games!

Yes, they were.  I almost turned the first one off after it was 13-0 and should have been at least 21-0 after the first quarter.  Glad I didn't.
  • #25 by RWhyman on 21 Jan 2019
  • How did he miss the call???
  • #26 by Darwin on 21 Jan 2019
  • Ref was right there looking at them.  Worst no call I have ever seen.
  • #27 by reubenray on 22 Jan 2019
  • If nothing else the entire officiating crew at that game should be fired!!
  • #28 by MSOLSON on 22 Jan 2019
  • I'm a Vikings fan. I clearly recall the 2009 NFC Championship game Vikings vs Saints. Farve took many shots that day to his legs almost all of them would be illegal now. Came out that the Saints had a financial reward scheme going for anyone who could take out the QB if I recall correctly. What goes around, comes around. It's Karma. That being said, I watched two great games last Sunday. I'm hoping for a good SB game don't really care who wins.
  • #29 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Jan 2019
  • KC DC fired.
  • #30 by ZCZ on 24 Jan 2019
  • I'm a Vikings fan. I clearly recall the 2009 NFC Championship game Vikings vs Saints. Farve took many shots that day to his legs almost all of them would be illegal now. Came out that the Saints had a financial reward scheme going for anyone who could take out the QB if I recall correctly. What goes around, comes around. It's Karma. That being said, I watched two great games last Sunday. I'm hoping for a good SB game don't really care who wins.

Yes, a Viking fan here as well.  Absolutely LOVE IT when the Saints lose.  They are a chippy, cheap-shot team.
Pages:
Actions