Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our GEB Puppy Sigmund  (Read 6401 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Our GEB Puppy Sigmund
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2021, 11:39:28 AM »

Just got an update on big boy Sig's training. He is back in harness training after a two month pause, but things seem to be going well. He was able to complete his platform and traffic training. He will continue to practice these skills in the next few weeks and is currently practicing how to apply everything he has been taught to everyday life. The trainer reports that Sig does very well in a multitude of environments but really flourishes in busier environments and works very hard not to make any mistakes and has a very strong, firm pull when in harness. What a great boy!!! It seems like he enjoys his training and learning things, so I hope that continues and that he elects to guide!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2021, 01:29:00 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Just received this report on Sigmund.  It is his final training report and now they will match him with a blind handler and they will train together.  No exact date on when that will happen, but the big boy's journey is coming to a happy conclusion!!!!

"Sigmund has continued to work hard in this phase of training. He went through his final blindfold assessment and did really well. Sigmund has demonstrated strong foundational skills and has done a nice job of taking on responsibility for the team. Sigmund has been doing a lot of traveling to destinations, long exercise routes and polishing his already well established skills. Now that he has completed his training, Sigmund is a potential candidate for one of the upcoming classes if a suitable match is brought in. Sigmund is a responsive boy so I would be comfortable placing him with someone who can handle an average control dog. He has demonstrated that he is capable of training in any size environment. He prefers to work at an upper moderate speed with firm pull, although he moves quickly he is very conscience and great with decision making. When Sigmund is working he takes his job very seriously and does not need too much support but he has a fun personality when he is out of harness. He works hard and plays hard. It has been a pleasure working with Sigmund and I’m excited to see where this next stage of life takes him."

So proud of my boy!!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:30:46 PM by Kristin Meredith »

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »

Such good news.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2021, 04:53:14 PM »

Reading this truly reminds me of the old Irish saying, something like........me chin be quiverin.
Such amazing things from amazing animals, nicely done!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2021, 07:10:58 PM »

Congratulations!
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2021, 09:01:28 PM »

Thanks for the update. Great job! It has been fun to read of his progress along the way. It is hard imagine all the hard work, time, and energy that goes into training a service dog. What a great accomplishment. Hats off to you, Sigmund, and everyone who had a hand in his education. Someone will be getting a wonderful dog to help them navigate all that life has to offer! Congratulations!!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2021, 09:05:01 PM »

He was a Wonderful dog!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2021, 10:19:27 PM »

I just realized I have not updated on the exciting news -- I am extremely happy and proud to announce that Sigmund was matched with a visually impaired handler the end of March and officially graduated as a working guide on April 9.  Sigmund was matched with Angel Adorno . Below is their official graduation picture (I had to take a photo of the photo).  He will be living in Queens, NY -- I wish I could start a fb page called "Sig in the City".  I met Angel by telephone and he is a lovely warm person who I can tell both loves and "gets" Sig.  We hope to meet up in the future .  Angel is a radio DJ and stand up comic and has had several guide dogs from GEB. He is also a jujitsu practitioner and Sig has already started going to practices/meets with him and he tells me Sigmund is loved by all he meets.  I am so looking forward to hearing more about their adventures together.  Love you always Sig!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:21:43 PM by Kristin Meredith »

Jimsbarbecue

• Using less gas.
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2021, 12:01:40 AM »

So exciting to see this.

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2021, 05:04:50 AM »

Oh Wow, that is truly fantastic.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2021, 09:51:58 AM »

He has turned into a fine dog. The person he was matched with sounds like a fascinating guy. I would say what a great ending to the story, but the journey has just begun!! 
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up