Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 30 Jan 2019
  • When you lived 53 of your 59 years in Central or Southern California, you get used to a certain weather pattern.  It rains from November to April, then it does not rain anymore.  The temperature is pretty constant during the seasons, it will be 45-50° or 75-80° or 95 to 100° for weeks at a time.

It is to be a low of  6° with a windchill of  -14° tonight and in 5 days it is to be 64°....that aint right!
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jan 2019
  • When I lived in Colorado Springs we once had a swing like that in about 24 hours.  That was crazy.
  • #3 by ZCZ on 30 Jan 2019
  • Going from -32° in Chaska, MN tonight to mid to upper 30's on Sat.

Sat. will be t-shirt weather in MN.

Z
  • #4 by pmillen on 30 Jan 2019
  • Spearfish, SD had a temperature change of 49°F in two minutes.  Yeah, it's hard to believe.  Read about it here.

It's on the Internet so it must be true.
  • #5 by ZCZ on 30 Jan 2019
  • Now they are saying low 40’s for Sunday. I’ll take it.
  • #6 by SmokinHandyman on 30 Jan 2019
  • 50's for Sunday here in Springfield, Il.
    Today was the first time in 25 years that they called off work do to the cold. No Dr. Pepper or 7-up delivered because wind chill was -35.
    Have been listening to the scanner a lot of trucks dead on the road because of fuel jelling up.
    Now just heard a call about scums looting the broken down trucks.

• #7 by Bentley on 30 Jan 2019
  • I guess I do not understand how livestock live through these conditions that are going on in the mid North! 

It is to be -28 over night in Duluth, with a 13mph wind...that is -58°, that is not a comprehendible(sp) temperature for me.  I would like to experience it just to see if a person could be in it for one minute and live!
  • #8 by leppolite on 30 Jan 2019
  • Its currently -15 with a breeze at my house and it was -27 when I got up. Once it gets below -10 or so its pretty tough to tell the difference...other than how fast your face starts to freeze as you walk to the garage. Its odd how loud it is walking around in the snow when its this cold, the snow makes really loud scrunchy sounds as you compress it.
  • #9 by ZCZ on 30 Jan 2019
  • I guess I do not understand how livestock live through these conditions that are going on in the mid North! 

It is to be -28 over night in Duluth, with a 13mph wind...that is -58°, that is not a comprehendible(sp) temperature for me.  I would like to experience it just to see if a person could be in it for one minute and live!

Come on up bro!  We can hit another burger joint plus you can do some sledding on the hill behind my house. 

Z
  • #10 by JoeGrilling on 30 Jan 2019
  • When you lived 53 of your 59 years in Central or Southern California, you get used to a certain weather pattern.  It rains from November to April, then it does not rain anymore.  The temperature is pretty constant during the seasons, it will be 45-50° or 75-80° or 95 to 100° for weeks at a time.

It is to be a low of  6° with a windchill of  -14° tonight and in 5 days it is to be 64°....that aint right!

I'll stick with the Cali weather.  I was born in NJ, raised in western MD and moved to California in 1976 after college.  You will never catch me moving to a place where it's really cold and you need to shovel snow.  My dad looked at my brother and I as environmentally friendly snow removal equipment.  He bought a snow blower when we moved out of the house.   
  • #11 by pmillen on 30 Jan 2019
  • When I lived in MN and NoDak, I, and all of my friends, looked forward to winter and winter sports; cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, hockey, ice fishing... both as participants and fans.

People who live in the desert leave their air conditioned homes, drive in their air conditioned cars to their air conditioned workplaces.  Those that live in the North leave their warmed homes, drive in their warmed cars to their warmed workplaces.  Neither spend a lot of time outdoors if they don't want to.
  • #12 by landm on 30 Jan 2019

Z

I’m in Edina!   I plan to smoke something Saturday, I might have to wear a long sleeve though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #13 by ZCZ on 31 Jan 2019

Z

I’m in Edina!   I plan to smoke something Saturday, I might have to wear a long sleeve though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Pellet Fan my fellow Minnesotan!!
    Al
  • #14 by Ross77 on 31 Jan 2019
  • Yep, it's been brutal here in Minnetonka.  I haven't touched the RecTec in days.
Pages:
Actions