Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bgbdwlf1500 on 26 Jan 2019
  • Got a xxxx of a deal on a new copperhead 5. Loving the ways of pellet smoking once I figured out the ways of the machine. I know they dont get a good review most of the time but I see no issue with the equipment in stock form. My Boston butt is way better with pellet than my offset wood burner ever did. Even did 2 prime rib roasts recently and they were good enough I may never order one in a restaurant. All in all loving the pellets!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #2 by pmillen on 26 Jan 2019
  • Welcome to the group.  I'm not at all familiar with your Copperheard 5, nor have I read any reviews, but you prove what I've often thought:  any pellet pit can produce good food if the pit master has some skill.
  • #3 by triplebq on 26 Jan 2019
  • Welcome from Charlotte, NC
  • #4 by bgbdwlf1500 on 27 Jan 2019
  • Welcome to the group.  I'm not at all familiar with your Copperheard 5, nor have I read any reviews, but you prove what I've often thought:  any pellet pit can produce good food if the pit master has some skill.
    It just takes common sense and some time just watching the machine do its thing. Good thermometers help a lot too

• #5 by Canadian John on 27 Jan 2019

•  A warm welcome from Canada.  Enjoy your pellet experiences.  And yes, I find I can do much better than most restaurants while enjoying the experience.   :D
  • #6 by bbqqueens on 17 Oct 2019
  • I cooked on the Pit Boss Copperhead 5 over the last several days. Love mine.
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 17 Oct 2019
  • Welcome.  Glad to hear you are enjoying the cooks from your Copperhead.  I too am very partial to the Prime Rib I have cooked on my pellet pit. 
  • #8 by Bentley on 17 Oct 2019
  • Same as this unit or am I wrong?  I would take one of these in a heartbeat!

Pit Boss Vertical
  • #9 by bgbdwlf1500 on 17 Oct 2019

Pit Boss Vertical
    Ya that's it

• #10 by pmillen on 17 Oct 2019

Pit Boss Vertical

I recall that test.  I was somewhat interested in the unit.  I had forgotten that it was labeled Copperhead on the box.  I don't think it's badged that way.
  • #11 by Brushpopper on 18 Oct 2019
  • Welcome from Texas.  Don't let moisture get to it.  A couple members have had to dismantle theirs due to the pellets drawing damp.  Didn't look like a good time.
  • #12 by yorkdude on 18 Oct 2019
  • Welcome from Texas.  Don't let moisture get to it.  A couple members have had to dismantle theirs due to the pellets drawing damp.  Didn't look like a good time.
    I am one of them, my fault because of letting humidity get them and you are correct, it wasn’t fun. Mine is the 3, it does now have what Pit Boss says is a bad temp sensor, its on the way. Keep getting error code ErH which means out on hi temp. They told me to raise the water pan, ALWAYS have water in it. I then asked them why do I need to raise it if they have provisions for shelves that low. They didn’t have any answers? I will try what they say, just not convinced that is the answer. I have always used it for jerky or bacon, never hi temp other than per the instructions regarding start up and shut down.
  • #13 by bgbdwlf1500 on 18 Oct 2019
    I am one of them, my fault because of letting humidity get them and you are correct, it wasn’t fun. Mine is the 3, it does now have what Pit Boss says is a bad temp sensor, its on the way. Keep getting error code ErH which means out on hi temp. They told me to raise the water pan, ALWAYS have water in it. I then asked them why do I need to raise it if they have provisions for shelves that low. They didn’t have any answers? I will try what they say, just not convinced that is the answer. I have always used it for jerky or bacon, never hi temp other than “per the instructions “.
    My pan is always at lowest point also. Mine lives in my garage and so far no issues.

Pages:
Actions