Poll: Have you ever tried any of these bbq sauces?

Big Butz Original
- 0 (0%)
Dinosaur Roasted Garlic Honey
- 1 (3.4%)
Fire in the Hive (Calif Cahoot's Catering)
- 0 (0%)
Big Jake's Strong and Bold
- 0 (0%)
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce
- 1 (3.4%)
Big and Tangy (Sauce Goddess)
- 0 (0%)
Angry Nephew's BBQ Sauce
- 0 (0%)
Bone Suckin' Sauce
- 10 (34.5%)
Sweet Life BBQ Sauce
- 0 (0%)
Sticky Fingers
- 2 (6.9%)
Salt Lick Lauren's Spicy Recipe
- 0 (0%)
Head Country Original
- 6 (20.7%)
Never tried any of these
- 9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Sep 2017
  • I was reading an article in Country Living where they had supposedly taste tested bbq sauces made in "small batches" by various bbq restaurants across the U.S. and come up with a list of the 12 best.  I have to admit, I think I had only heard of 3 of them and only tasted one.

But we have an awful lot of people around here who have tasted a lot of things, so I was curious whether some of you folks have ever tried any of these.  And, if so, what do you think about them?

And for any real connoisseurs out there, maybe you want to order one or more and do a review for the rest of us in the member review section on sauce (I understand that Angry Nephew is made with ghost chilies, so that one is out for me!).
  • #2 by LowSlowJoe on 12 Sep 2017
  • I've used Pork Barrel BBQ rub... and have some Bone Suckin rub too, but haven't tried the sauces... the rest I haven't even heard of before.

I personally do like the rubs mentioned above... I know some seem to really dislike the Pork Barrel Rub... It is kind of unique, I use it very lightly and enjoy it... I can see where if your used to really laying rub on thick, it may not be very good. I think the Pork Barrel rub has a significant amount of sage in it, and I don't think sage gets used that much in BBQ products.
  • #3 by TLK on 12 Sep 2017
  • I think I'd like to change my answer to none of these. 
  • #4 by Free Mr. Tony on 12 Sep 2017
  • Of that list, to my knowledge, bone suckin and sticky fingers are the only ones available to me. Others may be, but I don't shop for BBQ sauce often. I don't use it much, and make my own often. I have tried some here and there though.

The sticky fingers sauces I've had are all pretty good, except for one.  They have several different types in my groceries here. They are all a pretty good representation of what they claim (sweet, mustard, Carolina,  etc). I do remember one that I didn't care for it all. I think it was Tennessee whisky, or something like that.
  • #5 by riverrat49 on 12 Sep 2017
  • be interesting to know what is considered :Small Batch" Bone Suckin has gone national i've seen it in Lowes and Winco.
  • #6 by Free Mr. Tony on 12 Sep 2017
  • be interesting to know what is considered :Small Batch" Bone Suckin has gone national i've seen it in Lowes and Winco.
    I was wondering the same thing. Sticky fingers and bone suckin is in nearly every grocery in my area.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

• #7 by Quadman750 on 12 Sep 2017
  • I've only tried bone suckin sauce & did not impress me, I use Blues Hog & Sweet 180
  • #8 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Sep 2017
  • I like the Blues Hog Original
  • #9 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2017
  • I had on heard of and tasted 2 of them, and that was 7 years ago...
  • #10 by TechMOGogy on 12 Sep 2017
  • As many of you know, Sweet Baby Ray's is the #1 BBQ sauce in every state... except Oklahoma, they are #2 behind... Head Country.
    I used to exclusively use their hot bbq sauce (Head Country) but have since switched to a local craft sauce that uses less liquid smoke and since Danny sold HC to a larger company that may have other plans
  • #11 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2017
  • When did KC Masterpiece get over taken?
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Sep 2017

I would have thought Kraft was the highest selling.
  • #13 by ZCZ on 12 Sep 2017
  • Had a co-worker who was from KC.  I asked him what he knew about BBQ sauces.  He said his mom would buy the cheapest stuff in the store and add a little mustard and a little apple cider vinegar.  People who tasted it would say "Man that's good!  What is that?"

Z
  • #14 by TechMOGogy on 12 Sep 2017

Kraft was #1 and not sure exactly sure when SBR's took over.
    Only reason I know is that a friend and I went to Ponca City to import HC into Canada.
    Numbers did not work but we did manage to bring in dozens of gallons for "testing"
    Head Country is about 3 buildings away from Cookshack :)
  • #15 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2017
  • Kraft was usually in the top 3 or 5 when they would do flavor tests...Not sure where they would have been in sales...Man, Kraft, big company, never even dawn on me about sales. 

It sure is my favorite sauce

When did KC Masterpiece get over taken?

Pages:
Actions