Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dclord on 01 Feb 2019
  • I finally took time to figure out what kind of wheels will work. These are 3 1/2 inch wheels with 1 3/8 inch expanding shanks. $60 with shipping from Service Caster. Now I can roll the grill across the pebbly part of my patio.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• #2 by cookingjnj on 01 Feb 2019
  • Nice job with the mod d.
  • #3 by Bentley on 01 Feb 2019
  • Thank you for sharing this info that will certainly help others!  Atta Boy!
  • #4 by pmillen on 01 Feb 2019
  • I'm generally not envious but I wish that I could get large wheeled castors on my pit.  It's difficult to lift one side and roll around.

Nice work!
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Feb 2019
  • Similar to the style wheels that Traeger uses on my old XL.  I think I paid $120 from them...silly me.
  • #6 by bten on 01 Feb 2019
  • Nice work, really looks good, and I am sure it will make a difference
  • #7 by Canadian John on 02 Feb 2019

•  I did almost the same thing on my Weber gasser. Replaced the plastic light duty casters that had a problem with the brake either not working or the lever breaking off, with good heavy duty, pivoting stem

casters with a brake..Night and day difference - the unit rolls easier and the brakes work. I found the caster supply houses have a wealth of info on conversions and retrofits... excellent post my friend!
  • #8 by bucky919 on 05 Feb 2019
  • I bought 7/16 caster wheels for mine, if I remember correctly there were replacements for  a mop bucket, I think I had $30 into mine.
Pages:
Actions