Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are You Eating Wings on Super Bowl Sunday?  (Read 714 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Are You Eating Wings on Super Bowl Sunday?
« on: February 02, 2019, 11:11:41 AM »

According to the National Chicken Council, Americans will eat more than 1.3 billion wings during this year's Super Bowl, which is up 2%, or 27 million wings, from last year. To put that in visual terms — 1.3 billion wings laid end to end would circle the globe three times. That’s enough for every man, woman, and child in the U.S. to eat four wings a piece on Super Bowl Sunday.

So, are you cooking/eating any wings?  We aren't.  It is chili dogs and club sandwiches -- but, now I might have to go and get some wings to cook! :pig:

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: Are You Eating Wings on Super Bowl Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »

Yep, we will be included in the 1.3 billion wings eaten during Superbowl weekend.  Picked up about three pounds of drumettes and flats.  Will smoke 2 pounds on the pit with just a rub.  My daughter likes traditional, so thinking I will do a pound in the air fryer and toss with traditional wing sauce for her.  Additionally looking to grill a pound of merguez sausage, a pound of pork sausage ground with apple and onion, and some Johnsonville Cheddar Brats.  I did not make any of the sausages, all commercially bought.    Looking forward to a great gameday feast.  If I can remember, will take some picks.  Enjoy the weekend, what ever you are throwing on your pit or cooking in general and the game everyone!

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »

Yes along with either jambalaya or gumbo.  There will also be chips, salsa dip and smoked cheeses. :cool:

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 12:28:37 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with wings. The drum sticks have much more eatable meat, cost one third as much and , to me, taste a heck of a lot better.   :2cents:
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 12:48:24 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with wings. The drum sticks have much more eatable meat, cost one third as much and , to me, taste a heck of a lot better.   :2cents:

Hard to get the exterior flavor in every bite of the drumstick is my reason for wings.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »

I have some store bought one that I wanted to sample that I think I am going to make in the air fryer tomorrow. 
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with wings.

We don't either, especially when we're trying to reduce the amount of fowl skin we consume.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:27:44 PM »

No.  Hot Dogs/Chili Dogs, Club sandwiches and fried ravioli.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »

I'm doing the chili dogs today with the homemade sauce my Dad made that I had in the freezer and some jalapeno mustard.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

I remembered the Nathan's cheese sauce for the 2nd one. ;D

Osborn Cox

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »

I will be making wings as well, picked up 5lbs yesterday, probably some just rubbed, some with buffalo and some with bbq sauce, possibly some teriyaki.    Add those to my chili cheese dip, shrimp and cocktail sauce and bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped pineapple and it’s gonna be good eating.    Food coma before halftime. 
Cookshack PG1000, GMG Jim Bowie Prime, Traeger Lil Tex(retired), Blackstone Griddle

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 04:32:54 PM »

I don't get the wings thing either.  I like them, but i would rather have chicken tenders.   I think I might run up to Popeye's and get some spicy tenders and red beans.  I'm not in the mood to cook and what's her name is out of town.   :cool:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 08:40:50 PM »

Absolutely!  Doing Malcom reeds version of smoked wings, but using HDD as the rub...some of the best wings I’ve ever had anywhere!

Memphis Elite
Yoder YS640 - sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is HDD?

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »

No wings for me. I will be headed to the windy city Sunday night. I plan to re-read Bar-B-Lew's Chicago Italian Beef reviews and see what I can find to take back to my hotel room to enjoy during the game!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 10:03:39 PM »

The GF decided she wanted wings tonight, she picked up them up, I just ht them with some garlic pepper and into the air fryer. I mixed up some ranch, franks, and brown mustard or on mine. She liked hers the way thy were.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up