Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pit boss vertical deal  (Read 3841 times)

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Pit boss vertical deal
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »

I saw people in the south picking these up for 109. In my area 349 was the lowest. Today on brickseek I noticed they dropped the 5 series to 199. That was good enough for me. I haven't had a pellet cooker since late summer. I was offloading all my smokers to buy an az boothill. This should hold me over until I get around to ordering the az.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Pit boss vertical deal
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »

That's a good score.

I've been reading up on the Boothill.  You may stop your searching there.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »

Don't let it outside or fabricate something to keep water out of that pellet drop in the back.  That is my only complaint about that smoker. 
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 08:27:59 AM »

I have the 3 (got it as a present) I love it.
I ordered the cover but still tarp it on my deck, per Lew's experience.
That is a heck of a deal also.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 10:37:53 AM »

It is pretty versatile, I think you will really enjoy it with the many different things you cook!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 11:03:41 AM »

I noticed after putting together last night that there is a decent gap in door toward the bottom. Probably 1/8 inch or a little more. The door at the top right sits slightly lower than top left on the hinge side. Anyone elses seem the same? 

I may be able to adjust something, but haven't looked at it yet. It took me longer than anticipated to out together last night, so I didn't look it over closely.

yorkdude

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »

I noticed after putting together last night that there is a decent gap in door toward the bottom. Probably 1/8 inch or a little more. The door at the top right sits slightly lower than top left on the hinge side. Anyone elses seem the same? 

I may be able to adjust something, but haven't looked at it yet. It took me longer than anticipated to out together last night, so I didn't look it over closely.
Not on mine but not the same size so that may make a difference ?
Bentley is right, you will really like it, they are pretty neat.

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 11:13:48 AM »

Nice! I've had my eye on a AZ Scottsdale for a few years now. Just waiting until the time is right to buy. Grats on the new pellet cooker. Always intrigued by those verticals.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »

I'm looking forward to getting mine back up and running this spring.  Really looking forward to the jerky capacity.  I also want to try to cook wings and ribs in it.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »

I'm looking forward to getting mine back up and running this spring.  Really looking forward to the jerky capacity.  I also want to try to cook wings and ribs in it.

Jerky and sausage was mainly the reason I got it. Pellet cooked ribs have always been my favorite way to do ribs. Not sure why, but they are always better.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 11:30:26 AM »

Its just as if the door isnt framed up quite right. Possibly the weight of the door difference over yours, or just general quality control stuff. I don't sweat over that stuff, just something I noticed. If I have a little smoke escaping, I'm sure it will be fine.

yorkdude

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 11:36:10 AM »

Its just as if the door isnt framed up quite right. Possibly the weight of the door difference over yours, or just general quality control stuff. I don't sweat over that stuff, just something I noticed. If I have a little smoke escaping, I'm sure it will be fine.
The doors are heavier than I would have thought, I'm sure due to the glass, hopefully you can adjust it out of it.
I will say to stay after the glass early (clean wise), I went 3 times and it was a bit of a chore to clean again. If memory serves they suggest mixing baking soda and vinegar and scrubbing with mild steel wool.
I get all of it but the steel wool? Thinking that wouldn't take long to make you realize you should not have done that. I prefer elbow grease to steel wool.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »

Jerky and sausage was mainly the reason I got it. Pellet cooked ribs have always been my favorite way to do ribs. Not sure why, but they are always better.

I forgot that I want to try snack sticks and sausage too.  You got a great deal.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 12:37:53 PM »

The doors are heavier than I would have thought, I'm sure due to the glass, hopefully you can adjust it out of it.
I will say to stay after the glass early (clean wise), I went 3 times and it was a bit of a chore to clean again. If memory serves they suggest mixing baking soda and vinegar and scrubbing with mild steel wool.
I get all of it but the steel wool? Thinking that wouldn't take long to make you realize you should not have done that. I prefer elbow grease to steel wool.

Steel wool and glass wouldn't seem to mix. Never tried it though. I know myself well enough to know the glass may as well be 1/4 inch steel because within a week I will not be able to see through it. Certain things I keep really tidy, and certain things I just don't care enough for the amount of work it takes.

I have a very high end range, and if anything would have persuaded me to keep glass clean that should have been it. Within a month of owning it, it appeared that a raccoon had exploded inside. It's looked like that for 2 years now...

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »

Nice. Serving from smoker right to the dinner table - I like it :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up