Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Firecraft

FireCraft's demise, not much info

<< < (2/3) > >>

bten:
I know that they were looking to have the new pits made in China before they shut down. I am surprised that they haven't shown up in the market under a different name.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: TravlinMan on February 12, 2019, 09:47:05 PM ---Reference: Manta.com
Firecraft
1028 Saunders Lane
West Chester, PA 19380

Reference: Quadratec website: -help - contact
1028 Saunders Ln,
West Chester, PA 19380

Looks like we have a production/product change at that location.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I guess they just walked away from the Firecraft line.  This Google earth snip supports the co-location.

MN-Smoker:
It's odd because the sales guy Dan was really active on forums.  He's also the one who started the pellet grill sub on Reddit.

You would have thought with a little management assistance he could have run things for the company.

LowSlowJoe:
One thing I find interesting, or two things as it may be.   The sales of other grills , need not be directly tied to the sales of the Q450.   That is, someone has the grill design of the Q450, and someone also knows the manufacture who built it.  It would seem that potentially that grill could still be built and sold if someone wanted to and/or had the money to make it happen.   I have no idea if that part of the business was more, or less profitable than the sales of other grills and accessories.  I suppose they probably looked into different options before closing the doors completely , in fact for a while, the only grill left on the website was the Q450, so they probably did try to keep that going or had very likely looked into selling it still.

I guess my point is, there is a grill design, and presumably tooling at some factory to make the grill.     One thing I will say about that grill, is whoever actually made the components did a great job on it, everything fit together really well.

gpshemi:
Here's the guy who left everyone high and dry with not even a shred of information to keep things going like who manufactured what parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View