Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you like to eat, thank a farmer!  (Read 273 times)

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
If you like to eat, thank a farmer!
« on: February 14, 2019, 05:51:08 PM »

It is one thing to go to the store and pick up a pork loin or some ribs. It is easy to forget the work and effort that goes into putting the meat in the grocery store. The family farm is becoming increasingly difficult to sustain and farmers don't know what obsticals they will face next. In the area where I live in SW Michigan, we have a number of pork producing family farms. While they seem quite large to the average person, they face an uphill battle against corperate farms and unanticipated disaters.

Last night a friend of ours had a farowing barn catch fire and it ignited a massive ammount of propane tanks. Ten fire departments were called in the midst of terrible winter weather. It took over seven hours to get the fire under control. I don't know how many pigs and pigglets in the barn, but fortunately they were able to move them to another barn before the fire was out of control and thankfully nobody was hurt in the fire.

If you don't mind, please say a prayer of thanks and a prayer for safety, for all who work to put food on the table. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:55:48 PM by jdmessner »
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: If you like to eat, thank a farmer!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:01:27 AM »

We truly owe so much to owe hard working farmers..Unfortunately we are losing touch with reality when some folks believe that milk comes from plastic bags.. I just can't fathom what life will be like in a few

decades.  "Fake" (as  a certain president often states) food and overcrowded living conditions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up