Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bytor on 12 Sep 2017
  • Hope this is "okay" here as this is about a gas grill.   :-\

Anyhow wife been on me for something she can use, you know easy,  walk up and turn on sort of thing. So we went and bought a 250$ gasser nexgrill....man what a ***... and me being me I just couldn't live with that so I went and got a Weber Genisis 2.  We will be much happier with this then the cheapo.  Hasn't arrived yet but I'm kinda excited bout it. 
  • #2 by GREG-B on 12 Sep 2017
  • Your title for the post caught me off guard, I was thinking, WOW can you really trade a wife for a grill?   I'm in!!   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by pz on 12 Sep 2017

• My wife wanting a new grill is actually hot I got into pellet cookers
  • #4 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2017
  • I am not asking these question because I just had a big glass of Jim Jones special Kool-Aid, or to be antagonistic, really curious about the answer...I guess I have never understood how a gas grill is easier to operate then my DB of MP?  Either one of them have to be turned on, and set to a temperature, then you cook.  Is a gas unit really more simple then that?
  • #5 by MN-Smoker on 12 Sep 2017
  • I am not asking these question because I just had a big glass of Jim Jones special Kool-Aid, or to be antagonistic, really curious about the answer...I guess I have never understood how a gas grill is easier to operate then my DB of MP?  Either one of them have to be turned on, and set to a temperature, then you cook.  Is a gas unit really more simple then that?

i have a gas grill from 2006 or 2007.
    I need to change out the burners every year.  Igniter hasn't worked forever.  Crossover thingies rusted out a long time ago, so we have to light with one of the gas lighter things.

I showed my wife the pellet grill...  that you plug it in, turn it on, and set the temp and walk away.  I'm convinced after she uses it once or twice, she'll think it's the greatest thing and not use the gas grill again.
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Sep 2017
  • Women are the biggest purchasers of gas grills.  The number one reason -- ease of use.  For this reason alone, I don't understand why women have not become the biggest consumers of pellet pits.  Clean to operate, easy to operate, almost set and forget.  Have you not shown her how easy a pellet pit is to use Bytor?
  • #7 by Bytor on 12 Sep 2017

You will have to ask my wife! ;).  At first I kinda thought the same.  Decided it wasn't worth a "Discussion" and let her have her way.  Happy wife, happy life.  Plus a new toy is a bonus.
  • #8 by Bytor on 12 Sep 2017
  • Women are the biggest purchasers of gas grills.  The number one reason -- ease of use.  For this reason alone, I don't understand why women have not become the biggest consumers of pellet pits.  Clean to operate, easy to operate, almost set and forget.  Have you not shown her how easy a pellet pit is to use Bytor?

I have...
  • #9 by Bytor on 12 Sep 2017

i have a gas grill from 2006 or 2007.
    I need to change out the burners every year.  Igniter hasn't worked forever.  Crossover thingies rusted out a long time ago, so we have to light with one of the gas lighter things.

I showed my wife the pellet grill...  that you plug it in, turn it on, and set the temp and walk away.  I'm convinced after she uses it once or twice, she'll think it's the greatest thing and not use the gas grill again.

I've shown her.  She does see that sometimes the GMG acts up and need some TLC and I guess she doesn't want to mess with it. 
  • #10 by pz on 12 Sep 2017
  • In my house the wife uses any cooker she wants to use. If it breaks (they all do), I am allowed to fix it, so she has no preference other than what she is in the mood to use at the time.  :bbq:
  • #11 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Sep 2017
  • My wife does mot even cook on the Smokey Joe
    No gas here.
    Get a good pellet grill and a small weber.

It takes more time but it is worth the difference

• #12 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Sep 2017
  • I am 54 and I cooked on gasser for the 1st time ever 2 weeks ago and I didn't know ho to cook on that thing.
    I messed it up.
  • #13 by Quadman750 on 12 Sep 2017
  • Congrats on the Weber, she will be taking over your GMG soon.
  • #14 by RichW on 12 Sep 2017

+1  I got tired of operating a simple gas grill that almost got me a visit from the fire department.  My wife also suspected that it was not normal for the lid to auto-open when the flame re-lit after a little to much grease smoke had smothered one burner out.  I deal with gas boilers and it has always amazed me that gas grills for the most part have absolutely no automatic "flame detect rod" that could easily interrupt the gas flow.
  • #15 by GREG-B on 12 Sep 2017
  • My wife got her way about 30 years ago by telling me that she could have the grill all ready to go when I walked in the door from work if I got her a gas grill.   I fought it for awhile but finally gave in and got her one.   That ugly behemoth sat on the deck and finally rusted out and I ran an ad on Craigslist and somebody came and got it in a mini van.   The only good thing to come out of the deal was I kept the tank for using with a weed burner, and now it's hooked up to a 2 burner stove top in the BBQ shack.   :cool:
Pages:
Actions