Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by reubenray on 06 Mar 2019
  • A local grocer (Rouses) known in South Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama has these on sale.  I am assuming I cannot look at them.  Would this be worth trying?  I figured if they were bad I could use them for something else beside smoked ribs.
  • #2 by pmillen on 06 Mar 2019
  • I figured if they were bad I could use them for something else beside smoked ribs.

$20.  Go for it.  Bad dry ribs make good tacos and chili (although they cook down a little too much as chili).  I suppose you can figure out how I know.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 06 Mar 2019
  • Have to agree with PMillen, hard to go wrong at $20.00.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Mar 2019
  • Let us know what they look like when you buy them.  I am also guessing they are frozen.  That may only be about 5-6 racks if they are full spare ribs.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 07 Mar 2019
  • One of our local stores had BB ribs in a case very cheap a while back and I bought one. They were seconds pretty much, might have half racks or ones with little meat broken, bones that sort of thing. I used them, they just weren't as pretty.
  • #6 by reubenray on 09 Mar 2019
  • I checked on these and they were ribs from large sow hogs.  They were huge and they appeared to have been frozen for a long time.  The butcher mentioned that they would only get tender if smoked low and slow for a long time.  I did not get any.
  • #7 by MMike on 09 Mar 2019
  • I recently cheap bought cheap ribs at Sam's.

R/P PORK SPARERIBS COV
    BRISKET BONE OFF

They were not trimmed. Kind of a chore to eat.
    From now on I will gladly spend the extra money on the good stuff.
Pages:
Actions