Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 10 Mar 2019
  • I have never bought meats from Walmart. I normally have meat we process or have processed, Sams, or a local butcher shop. The other day was at Walmart stocking up on can goods and a brisket packer caught my eye in the refrigerated section. Looks like same package and grade as Sams for 2.98 a pound. Sams price is always $3.98 a pound. This this common that Walmart have packers cheaper than Sams and this was not a sale item.
  • #2 by Bentley on 10 Mar 2019
  • USDA grades at Sams and at Wal-mart.  Are they different?
  • #3 by triplebq on 10 Mar 2019
  • I have cooked Walmart briskets with great success. One of the best briskets I ever cooked was from Walmart.
  • #4 by old sarge on 11 Mar 2019
  • Curious as to what grade the packers are.  I get prime at Costco, a 90 mile drive.
  • #5 by BC Buck on 11 Mar 2019
  • Curious as to what grade the packers are.  I get prime at Costco, a 90 mile drive.
    My Sams only carry choice in STL.
  • #6 by Clonesmoker on 11 Mar 2019
  • Where I live the Walmart and Sam's is a way better choice for prime or choice brisket over the local grocers and it's not even close. Plus for $2.96/lb at Sam's or Walmart vs $4.49/lb at a local grocer and the flat was probably only a 3/4" think!  Local BBQ teams also prefer getting their meat at either Sam's or Walmart. Plus with two Walmart's and a Sam's as close all within 4 miles, I can go wherever as they usual have a good selection or I can ask someone to check on the cooler for me.
Pages:
Actions