Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Sep 2017
  • This is a bit time consuming to make, but very rich and filling.  You only need a small slice.

Yield: 9 inch cheesecake

Ingredients

Coconut Pecan Topping
    4 egg yolks
    12 oz can evaporated milk
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    3/4 cup butter, cubed
    2 2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
    1 1/4 cups chopped pecans

Crust
    2 cups Oreo crumbs (leave filling in Oreos)
    4 tbsp butter, melted

Cheesecake filling
    24 ounces packages of cream cheese, room temperature (three 8 oz packages)
    1 cup sugar
    8 oz german chocolate, melted
    1 tbsp flour
    3 tbsp cocoa
    4 eggs, room temperature
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

Coconut Pecan Topping
    1. In a large saucepan, combine the egg yolks, milk and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
    2. Add sugar and butter and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until thickened (almost pudding-like) and golden brown, stirring constantly.
    3. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Mix well.
    4. Allow to cool completely.

Crust
    1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
    2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
    3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
    4. Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove and set aside.
    5. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil and set aside.

Cheesecake filling
    1. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
    2. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar, chocolate, flour and cocoa with an electric mixer until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
    3. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
    4. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
    5. Put a little bit of the cheesecake filling in the bottom of the crust. Then add about 1 1/2 cups of coconut pecan topping and spread evenly.
    6. Pour remaining cheesecake filling into the springform pan and spread evenly. The pan will be very full.
    7. Place springform pan inside another pan. Fill outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
    8. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    9. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 20 minutes.
    10. Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 20 minutes or until set. This cooling process helps the cheesecake cool slowly to prevent cracks.
    11. Remove cheesecake from oven and chill.
    12. Once the cheesecake is completely cool, remove springform pan sides from cheesecake and place cheesecake on a serving plate.
    13. Top cheesecake with remaining coconut pecan topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce.

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Sep 2017
  • I will take two slices to go. :lick:
  • #3 by GREG-B on 12 Sep 2017
  • "You only need a small slice."   Blasphemy!!   If Bar-B-Lew gets 2, I want 3    :rotf:
  • #4 by Bentley on 13 Sep 2017
  • 2 bites of that stuff and I was done!
  • #5 by Quadman750 on 13 Sep 2017
  • I don't think I could stop at two bites. ;D
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Sep 2017
  • I don't think I have ever eaten a chocolate dessert that I could not finish -- until this one.  I got half way through a piece and called quits, it was that rich.  But it would make a good dessert for a larger dinner group because you really could cut small pieces and it would be more than enough for folks.
  • #7 by TLK on 13 Sep 2017
  • looks great! 
  • #8 by pz on 13 Sep 2017
  • I love a good cheesecake - yours looks stellar!
  • #9 by pmillen on 13 Sep 2017
  • It looks irresistible.

We'll take a slice with two forks and black coffees, please.
  • #10 by riverrat49 on 13 Sep 2017
  • Now that I've wiped the drool off my phone...WOW...  :clap:
  • #11 by Gringo on 13 Sep 2017
  • Ok, this has been added to my "gotta try this" list!   :lick:
  • #12 by GREG-B on 13 Sep 2017
  • I'm thinkin folks here don't know my tolerance for chocolate.   :rotf:
  • #13 by Kristin Meredith on 07 Jul 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
    This is a professional photo of it.
  • #14 by urnmor on 07 Jul 2018
  • I don't want to say that looks decadent so I will just say it looks absolutely delicious.  I am now going to have to make it.
  • #15 by urnmor on 07 Jul 2018
  • Have you made a strawberry cheesecake my grandson has asked me to make him one s if you have can you please share your recipe
Pages:
Actions