Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Glitchy’s new D2 Pro 575  (Read 4087 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Glitchy’s new D2 Pro 575
« on: March 27, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »

Pulled the trigger on the new Pro 575 tonight. Easily assembled 95% solo in a little over an hour. Best assembly manual ever! Will post pics showing why in days to come. Started this thread to share some info on fist few cooks as I can. It’s busy busy time with our last ever soccer season just starting and graduation just a few weeks away. Part of the rush to get his now is to be able to knock out the butts and turkey for the party in just a couple cooking sessions. I can’t fit enough on the Memphis at once.

Next up is get connected to WiFire, season and the obligatory bacon first cook 8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:52:18 PM by glitchy »
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Glitchy’s new D2 Pro 575
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »

Patiently awaiting your comments.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 09:38:09 AM »

Patiently awaiting your comments.

and pics of the assembled unit
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

glitchy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 11:31:30 AM »

I will get some pics before and during seasoning and first cook. I put it together and went to setup WiFi and Traegers stuff was down. It was at the very end of their support hours last night, so I didn't get through and decided I was tired anyway. I called them again this morning and the morning support crew came in to find the system down. I'm not excited about this, but will give them the benefit of the doubt that they've probably more than tripled their WiFire user base in the couple weeks it's been out now having it on new grills starting at half the price of their original Timberline offerings. I'm not pressing the new ignite button until the that works though.

I am very impressed with their production capacity and distribution. These things are in stock everywhere, they've invested millions getting these built and in stock in so many places. You had to search pretty hard to even see a Timberline for quite some time.

When I did flip the switch the temp was set to 165, so that could be interesting if can hold that low. Max setting on Pro is 450. As far as build quality, it seems equal to or very slightly improved from my Junior and Texas. I had zero complaints about those when I owned them. Last night I felt like the new Pro seemed a little sturdier in the build, but it's also smaller than my Texas was, so less span to flex in the lid and barrel.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 12:42:21 PM »

No pictures?
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

glitchy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 09:03:19 PM »

Alright, I got you covered.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:05:54 PM by glitchy »

glitchy

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:07 PM »

Though I’m guessing you were looking for a bit more...

glitchy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 10:26:06 PM »

Topless

glitchy

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 10:32:15 PM »

Full Centerfold

glitchy

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »

Assembly manual. I’m not sure, but maybe the six pack is to help you forget the lawyer added hopper grate. Who actually puts this in?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:35:05 AM by glitchy »

glitchy

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »

More to come, but first...Let me take a selfie

glitchy

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 08:27:20 AM »

After my son’s game last night and snapping these tease pics, I got her on WiFi and did the burn off. I had to connect to my 2.4 GHz guest network for some reason, but I’ll probably try my main again when I move her to her home instead of the garage. Firing her up for the first time she went 0-350 in right at 16 minutes. Seems pretty fast to me. Ran 20 minutes at 350 and 30 at 450. She made it to 450 and held fairly well every time I checked.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:30:38 AM by glitchy »

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 09:07:58 AM »

That is one tall cover.  Nice photos and write-up... Now - how does she cook?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 09:57:33 AM »

Did you use a probe at great level to compare temps to the controller temps?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

glitchy

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 11:31:28 AM »

Did you use a probe at great level to compare temps to the controller temps?

I didn’t even think about it, but can do that sometime. We had to leave the game early to help my daughter at home and when pulled into the garage I decided there was just enough time to do the burn off so fired it up.

I may cook some bacon and burgers tonight if we get back from our college visit in time. Maybe if it’s early enough and I can find my extra pit probe I’ll try to capture a few Fireboard grate graphs at different temps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up