Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Yelnoc on 02 Oct 2017
  • I bought the "Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Folding Front Shelf".  Even though its designed for a Traeger it fits my GMG DB perfectly.

https://www.target.com/p/traeger-lil'-tex-elite-folding-front-shelf/-/A-16993615

More money than the GMG, maybe a wash if you include shipping, but that of course is not a solid surface - how did you attach the Traeger shelf?
    • Yelnoc
  • #17 by RemoGaggi on 11 Oct 2017
  • I built a magnetic folding shelf for my Mak 1-star, but you can easily make a folding shelf using some folding brackets from Amazon (about $9 each) and some wood for the shelf - i used 3 boards, glued and put together with pocket holes and stained black (or just use a flat board).  Go magnetic or drill a couple holes in the GMG to hold the brackets.  See my post under the MAK section of this forum for the complete setup, but here are a couple of pics.

• #18 by Brushpopper on 12 Oct 2017
  • I built a magnetic folding shelf for my Mak 1-star, but you can easily make a folding shelf using some folding brackets from Amazon (about $9 each) and some wood for the shelf - i used 3 boards, glued and put together with pocket holes and stained black (or just use a flat board).  Go magnetic or drill a couple holes in the GMG to hold the brackets.  See my post under the MAK section of this forum for the complete setup, but here are a couple of pics.

That is a really good idea.  If I remember correctly, didn't the original magnetic shelf hold over 20 lbs?

I bought the "Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Folding Front Shelf".  Even though its designed for a Traeger it fits my GMG DB perfectly.

https://www.target.com/p/traeger-lil'-tex-elite-folding-front-shelf/-/A-16993615

More money than the GMG, maybe a wash if you include shipping, but that of course is not a solid surface - how did you attach the Traeger shelf?

You'll have to use the older style Traeger shelf with the two arms that come upward.  The arms bolt to the GMG legs.  I happened to find one on eBay thanks to LSFS.  I haven't got it yet.  Hopefully today.  Then the GMG front shelf is going inside to be the second shelf.
  • #19 by Quadman750 on 12 Oct 2017

Great idea & it looks good. RV’s sometimes have the folding shelf hinges like that on the end of some of their counter tops.
  • #20 by RemoGaggi on 12 Oct 2017
  • My first magnetic setup (with harbor freight magnets) tested and held 34 lbs, but dropped at 35lbs.  It easily held 20lbs.  My second version uses 120lb magnets from Amazon and although I didn't test it, I can tell these magnets are a lot stronger than the harbor freight magnets.  So it will easily hold over 20lbs.

• #21 by zephyr on 16 Oct 2017
  • Folding Front Shelf:

[ Invalid Attachment ]  

[ Invalid Attachment ]                                                            .......................................................     ZEP

• #22 by Brushpopper on 05 Nov 2017
  • I finally got my Traeger folding front shelf mounted on the DB.  Had to modify the brackets a bit by making the mounting holes more oblong so it could be mounted about 1/4" lower.  The lid was dragging on the shelf when I would open it.  It works much better than the GMG shelf and is easier to fold up and down.  Thanks for the advice LSFS!!
  • #23 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2017
  • Show us a picture when you have the time!
  • #24 by StevenM on 05 Nov 2017
  • Show us a picture when you have the time!

^^^^^^ this please
    • StevenM
  • #25 by reubenray on 05 Nov 2017
  • Here are some pictures of the Traeger Junion shelf I put on my Daniel Boone.
  • #26 by Canadian John on 15 Nov 2017
  •  Nicely done,reubenray!
  • #27 by Redapple on 07 Jan 2018
  • Looks Good. Just the right depth for placing or pulling meats!
Pages:
Actions