Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mrtune on 01 Apr 2019
  • My PG-500 started acting strange when I was doing burgers the other day. I was almost done with the cook when it just took off. No matter what the temp was set at it just kept feeding the pellets after a few seconds and would not stop, causing extremely hotter temps. Called tech support and I ended up sending my control in. I have not heard anything from them yet I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had a problem like this?  L was 15  and H was 45.  The tech had me move them but still the same thing. :(
  • #2 by pmillen on 01 Apr 2019
  • Nothing like that has happened to mine in six years.

It's a good thing you were nearby.  It could have been serious if unattended.
  • #3 by mrtune on 01 Apr 2019

I have had mine for 2 or 3  years and never a problem. It just keeps turning out FANTASTIC food!!!! Will be interesting to figure out what it was.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 02 Apr 2019

I have had mine for 2 or 3  years and never a problem. It just keeps turning out FANTASTIC food!!!! Will be interesting to figure out what it was.
    +1 on what it was.
  • #5 by texasbrew on 03 Apr 2019
  • I had an issue with my controller in which the auger quit turning.  I sent the controller to Tony.  He performed a bench test and informed me that the relay had gotten stuck open.  I had to get a new control board as the relay was not replaceable.  I wonder if perhaps the relay has gotten stuck closed for you and that may be causing the auger to turn continuously.
  • #6 by mrtune on 03 Apr 2019
  • Just got word today that my controller is fine. He is sending it back and I will try and see if it still does it. I think next step is the temp probe.
  • #7 by mrtune on 08 Apr 2019
  • Well received my controller back today and installed it. Seems to be working perfect. Tried some different settings and it works great. There is one thing I did notice when it was overheating before is that the green led that usually stays on when the auger runs, would only flash when the auger came on then be off until it started again. Now it is like before stays on the whole time the auger is on.  Tony is on vacation so talked to another person to report how it was doing and they do not seem to think anything about that??  Guess will have to chalk it up to "Unsolved Mysteries" or "Gremlins".
Pages:
Actions