Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FYI to newer members re "Here's How I Cook....." Board  (Read 453 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
FYI to newer members re "Here's How I Cook....." Board
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »

The growth we have seen in just a week is a bit breath taking to us and I realize new members may not have had a chance to review and understand different aspects of the site.  If I am posting something you know, then just ignore this post.

We welcome recipes and they should be posted in the recipe section.  But recipes should be just that -- list of ingredients, basic instructions, maybe one picture.  If you look under desserts at the German Chocolate Cheesecake recipe you should get a feel for what I mean.

The "Here's How I Cook...." board was meant to have threads which are more along the lines of tutorials where there are multiple steps and folks might need some guidance on how to do a certain step, pit times and temps. Hopefully several pictures are posted showing the process and progress so folks can get a feel for the cook and how to successfully complete the cook in their home. See FMT's post in "Here's How I Cook...Chicken"  "Another Competition Method". Also a link from the tutorial to a recipe card in the recipe section could solve some redundancy.

But, at the end of the day, I am not too trouble if there is some over lap or if we have to move things around.  Just a short clarification.  Thanks and keep contributing the great recipes and tutorials.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:13:26 AM by Kristin Meredith »

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: FYI to newer members re "Here's How I Cook....." Board
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »

Might be good to put this post or similar instructions in a sticky in that section. Maybe a forum topic called "What to post in this section" as I see this as being a source of confusion for new and existing members.
Pages: [1]   Go Up