Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pagesk on 03 Apr 2019
  • After probably 6+ years, it finally broke.  It was tripping the GFI and I found the igniter was dead. I had to start it with lighter fluid last night.  Oh well I will give me chance to give it a good cleaning when I install the replacement part.

My cast iron grill is just about burned through, that replacement stainless one for $121 is steep.  Anyone replace their cast iron with anything else?  I was thinking of getting a scrap of flattened expanded steel, stainless if the metal dealer has it.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Apr 2019
  • lighter fluid - really?  why?
  • #3 by pagesk on 03 Apr 2019
  • Needed something to light some pellets on fire.  I could stand there with a match and I didn't have any kindling.  I just grabbed some pellets, gave them a squirt of charcoal lighter and let them burn enough so that the combustion fan didn't blow the fire out.  Probably only a teaspoon on a couple of dozen pellet bits.
  • #4 by pmillen on 03 Apr 2019
  • I had to start it with lighter fluid last night.

Next time consider soaking a cotton ball or two in alcohol and light that way.  It's how I light charcoal.

Just remember that alcohol flame is invisible so you may not realize that it's burning.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 04 Apr 2019

•  Expanded may need some support.
  • #6 by Yellow-03 on 04 Apr 2019
  • After probably 6+ years, it finally broke.  It was tripping the GFI and I found the igniter was dead. I had to start it with lighter fluid last night.  Oh well I will give me chance to give it a good cleaning when I install the replacement part.

It's a very simple replacement.  Should not take but just a few minutes.
Pages:
Actions