Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a favor from one of my fellow Memphis owners  (Read 722 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Need a favor from one of my fellow Memphis owners
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:09:47 PM »

I need to talk to Memphis about a couple minor issues, but would really appreciate a couple mins of someones time to confirm that this gap is supposed to be there on the back wall leading to the firepot.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:11:46 PM by glitchy »
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: Need a favor from one of my fellow Memphis owners
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »

Is it the gap between the pellet ramp and the burn pot?  Or the gap down behind them?  I can check my 2013 Pro when I get home today but not sure what changes were made since that and your 2018.

Alan
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

glitchy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:59:57 AM »

The gap down behind them. Basically, should that be flush against the back wall or gapped like that? Just don’t remember it being like that before, but good chance I never really looked that close when it was new and shiny.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

ZCZ

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:48:17 AM »

Thanks.  I will check mine but might be different.  Maybe some others here with newer grills can check theirs.

As to the gap between the pellet ramp and burn pot the ramps on the newer burn pot do not go all the way to the back wall. This is to prevent ash and smoldering pellets laddering up the ramp and into the hopper (that can happen if you do a lot of cooks without cleaning out the ash, or use a pellet with high ash content).

Al
2013 Memphis Pro

ZCZ

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »

That gap is normal.  Any ash that might fall down in there will be directed to the ash drawer down below by the deflectors that run along the back and side walls.

Al
2013 Memphis Pro

glitchy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »

Thanks Al!
Pages: [1]   Go Up