Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by smokin soon on 09 Apr 2019
  • Out here a tow job like that will run $130-$150 an hour and most will not commit to a total price. If those guys will commit to $250 with no damage, it's quite fair.
  • #47 by Bentley on 09 Apr 2019
  • The tractor has so much mud underneath it now, back or forward is virtually impossible, and the liquefaction in front of the bucket is so bad that I cant get a bite pushing or pulling!

I need to get it dry enough I can dig both under the tractor, front and back wheels and about 8 feet in front of the bucket.  It will be a lot of digging, and it will be tough going even if it drys, but it would only be about a half day.  At this point I am to afraid to try and drag it out cuz there is just to much mud around it!

Tomorrow is another day and more drama!  If I can divert the spring, I should know in 48 hours if is is just one spring!
  • #48 by Canadian John on 10 Apr 2019

•  Pray for NO RAIN!
  • #49 by Bentley on 10 Apr 2019
  • I am afraid back here, that will be a deal breaker too!

Pray for NO RAIN!
  • #50 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Apr 2019
  • I know there are big storms rolling through northern mississippi over the next four days.  Not sure if they are headed through your area after that.
  • #51 by ZCZ on 10 Apr 2019
  • Wait until all the ground dries out.  Then dig it out and just drive out of the hole.
    Z
  • #52 by Bentley on 10 Apr 2019
  • Believe it or not, I have divert the spring and I think the water towards the tractor is almost completely gone.  Got the bucket out today, but either buried it so deep the fan stopped turning, or the belt snapped, or the face of the radiator is so clogged the cooling system is not working. 

So things just keep getting better.  Weather.com says 80% chance of rain on Friday & Sunday...I really screwed the pooch on this one!
  • #53 by SmokinHandyman on 10 Apr 2019
  • Hope you have a power washer wen you get it out
  • #54 by SmokinHandyman on 10 Apr 2019
  • Believe it or not, I have divert the spring and I think the water towards the tractor is almost completely gone.  Got the bucket out today, but either buried it so deep the fan stopped turning, or the belt snapped, or the face of the radiator is so clogged the cooling system is not working. 

So things just keep getting better.  Weather.com says 80% chance of rain on Friday & Sunday...I really screwed the pooch on this one!

Just don't over heat it then all you work will be for not.

You always call yourself a cheap screw you should have let the tow company do it for $250
  • #55 by SmokinHandyman on 10 Apr 2019
  • But I think you are like me and determined to do it yourself.
    The worst that could happen is you get a new tractor and that tractor will become pond fountain.
    I wish I was in you area to give a hand.
    Just don't hurt yourself doing it my friend.
  • #56 by yorkdude on 10 Apr 2019

I was worried about that. Be careful.
  • #57 by Bentley on 11 Apr 2019
  • I am to burn previously Roundup'ed weeds today, so after that I will go take a picture of the pond and see if new springs have popped up or drying continues!
  • #58 by urnmor on 13 Apr 2019
  • Bentley what is the current status of the dig out
  • #59 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Apr 2019
  • Well, we got 3/4 inch of rain last night.  I can't see the tractor or the pond from the house, but I am going to predict it won't be a pretty sight when he gets around to examining it.
  • #60 by Bentley on 13 Apr 2019
  • We are at a point in Spring where the cover crops are growing, and it is warmer both day and night, so the ground takes up more water, but it was a set back.  I had hoped to start digging today, but that is out of the question. The 80% chance of rain tomorrow is now 50%.  Future forecast is no rain for the week and 80° Wednesday  & Thursday.  So I am hoping to start digging this week!
Pages:
Actions