Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Mudflap on 13 Apr 2019
  • If it starts to dry you could check and see how much a walk behind trencher rents for. I think it is about 100-145 day in my area. Could use it like a grinder and remove all the dirt in front of the tractor and maybe between wheels.

Mudflap
  • #62 by SmokinHandyman on 15 Apr 2019
  • Any luck or you would rather not talk about it?
  • #63 by Bentley on 15 Apr 2019
  • No, I enjoy others commiserating with my drama!  I wanted to show an AA friend what it looked like, so I got the Ram stuck tonight too, but that is an easy fix tomorrow with the golf cart.  Even for a 2x drive, weak truck tires that cant go across 4 feet of wet ground.

I did not even want to go down til after this weekend.  We had storms predicted Friday (3/4 of inch recorded here) and we were supposed to get hit hard last night with rain & possible tornado.  Only got 1/16th.  Dodged a bullet there, and windy all last night, and sunny and windy all day today.  Supposed to be 70°, 74°, & 79°, next 3 days, with rain on Friday.  I am hoping to go down tomorrow and find the soil in front of the tractor hardening, if so, I would hope by Weds I can either dig, or by Thurs crawl it out with the bucket!

Will see, will takes some pictures and video tomorrow, as I have nothing else to do till it dry up around here again!
  • #64 by Canadian John on 16 Apr 2019

•  This is evolving into a L O N G saga..  I do find it most interesting and awaiting a joyful outcome.
  • #65 by Bentley on 16 Apr 2019
  • Great drama today, i have a meeting tonight, will try and post when I get home, but my back is killing me!
  • #66 by SmokinHandyman on 17 Apr 2019
  • No, I enjoy others commiserating with my drama!  I wanted to show an AA friend what it looked like, so I got the Ram stuck tonight too, but that is an easy fix tomorrow with the golf cart.  Even for a 2x drive, weak truck tires that cant go across 4 feet of wet ground.

I did not even want to go down til after this weekend.  We had storms predicted Friday (3/4 of inch recorded here) and we were supposed to get hit hard last night with rain & possible tornado.  Only got 1/16th.  Dodged a bullet there, and windy all last night, and sunny and windy all day today.  Supposed to be 70°, 74°, & 79°, next 3 days, with rain on Friday.  I am hoping to go down tomorrow and find the soil in front of the tractor hardening, if so, I would hope by Weds I can either dig, or by Thurs crawl it out with the bucket!

Will see, will takes some pictures and video tomorrow, as I have nothing else to do till it dry up around here again!

Sorry to upset you
  • #67 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2019
  • Sorry if my post came out as Cross...You did not upset me, I was serious in what I stated.  I seem to relish showing my screw ups, content is content!  It is out, more in a bit!
  • #68 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2019
  • Here is your winner of the...How will the Tractor be Extracted....contest!  Almost got the extra credit, only missed the HP by 50.

It is out, but it is TWEEKED.  Only had time this afternoon to try and get majority of mud off with hose.  Not sure if the extraction did the damage, I think it did, but that is what happens when neighbors try and be nice, and my slow brain does not have time to process how to do it.  I should have asked Dennis to go over the bank and pull it from behind about 5 feet.  That would have got the front end out of the deep low mud and moved the back end out of its rut.  Insted, we just hooked up chain to tow bard and he kind of tried a perpendicular extraction.  They are not used to dealing with pygmy tractors, these guys have real tractors, and I just don't think he realized how much torqued it would apply.  Sure don't blame him, he did not get it stuck!  The tow company might have done the same thing, and I would still be out $250!.  It not only bent the tow bar, I believe it has snapped the front axel off the frame.  Just not sure, will look closely tomorrow.  Need to take the exhaust off, make sure all mud is out of it, then see if it will start or if that is also on the list of things to be fixed.

Oh well, I saved $250 right?

Tweeked LS Tractor

Got any farmer neighbors with 200+hp 4WD tractor?

• #69 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2019
  • Oh, and another thing, it is supposed to rain an inch on Friday.  Now that it is out, mark my words, we will not have rain for 6 weeks!
  • #70 by ylr on 18 Apr 2019
  • Ouch! I hope it's just the front brushguard!
  • #71 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2019
  • I am amazed at how fast that area dried up.  Best of luck to you regarding minimal damage.  You may now know the limits of the tractor (and your truck) in wet soil.
  • #72 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Apr 2019
  • I know that I am primarily responsible for urging him to take Dennis up on the offer, so if it is ruined, I will pay.  It is just that it is a quagmire down there.  With any rain -- which we will get for months -- it will be impossible to dig out.  And as I saw it being pulled out, I don't know that it could ever have been dug out.  It was at least 3 to 4 feet deep into the mud at the front.  IF the bed had ever dried enough to dig, you would have had to hand dig tons of dirt to get to the front and have any type of angle/ramp to pull it out.  Given our age and shape and using shovels, that was weeks of work and it would have rained in that time and then been the fall and then winter, etc.

But let's say best case is drought and we dig and dig and dig -- the whole thing was so encased in mud, that if it dried it would be like concrete around the tractor (the mud encased the wheels, was up under the tractor and into the engine -- the photo is after it has been hauled a bit and mud has fallen off) and you would have damaged it pulling it out completely dry. And then you would have had an engine that sat in mud and water for what -- 6 months?

This was a no win situation.  At least now we can assess the damage and move forward.
  • #73 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Apr 2019
  • I am amazed at how fast that area dried up.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to.  The pond where the tractor was still has water running all over in it and the spring in the pond is still pumping water out.
  • #74 by yorkdude on 18 Apr 2019
  • Hopefully it is minor damage and easily/inexpensively repaired.
    I do agree that it is a very good thing that you got it out, it would have only gotten worse and that easily could have furthered the damage to it, sitting in those conditions etc.
  • #75 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2019
  • I am amazed at how fast that area dried up.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to.  The pond where the tractor was still has water running all over in it and the spring in the pond is still pumping water out.

I was probably mistaking the photo for an area where the tractor was pulled out of the gumbo as they call it in MS and AR.
Pages:
Actions