Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combo Cooks  (Read 226 times)

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Combo Cooks
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:48:05 AM »

Over the weekend, I did a 14 lb brisket and 4 small (4-5 lb each). Started the brisket at 6 pm on Friday night and put the shoulders on around 4:30 am.  I pulled the brisket at around 9 am at 185 temp, foiled, blanket and cooler until 1 pm. After pulling the brisket off I put some wings I had marinated in generic hot sauce, BBQ rub, and sriracha for 5 hours. I needed to keep the heat up around 275 just to keep the shoulders moving along. Wings turned out great. Son said they were best he's had that I made.  Pork shoulder wasn't to my liking as I was hurried to get it done (should have put in on an hour earlier as I didn't get the fat breakdown as much. It was just a little tougher to pull apart.

Know I have 10 lbs of bacon that I will put on tomorrow along with a rack of St. Louis. I plan on around 4-5 hours on the bacon at 150. Was wondering if anyone else has done ribs at that temp for that long of a period of time. My thought was to put the ribs on about an hour or so before I pull the bacon off. I just would like to see if anyone else had done that type of "low and slow" before.   TIA!!

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Combo Cooks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 03:07:48 PM »

I've never smoked anything at 150 degrees or bacon for that matter.  I'm sure you could start the ribs like you mentioned and then turn up the heat after the bacon comes off.  Or start the ribs with the bacon and transfer them to a higher temp oven after a few hours of smoke. 
But nice work on the juggling act you described in the first paragraph.  That's a load of food. 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up