Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jiggle Racing on 11 Apr 2019
  • #2 by Canadian John on 11 Apr 2019

•  Thanks JR..New "GADGETS" seem to be ongoing..I'll sit this one out.
  • #3 by pmillen on 11 Apr 2019
  • The Stoven has been around for several years. 

http://americansundancer.com/stoven-barbecues.html

I think TentHunter was on PH.  He uses one and liked it the last I heard.
  • #4 by Jiggle Racing on 11 Apr 2019
  • for $200 I may just buy it.... however I have not taken the time to figure out kickstarter so I don't get hosed if they never build/deliver.
  • #5 by Hank D Thoreau on 11 Apr 2019
  • I have two Weber kettles. It looks interesting. The question is whether I need it. I have run multiple grills at the same time, but they don't all have to be low and slow.

Turkeys, rib roasts, tri tips, etc. are pretty easy to do with charcoal. Even low and slow cooking if you don't mind spending a lot of time managing the grill...hours of time.
  • #6 by Jiggle Racing on 12 Apr 2019
  • I have 2 kettles as well. Doing tri tip on one tonight! But I keep looking at this gadget as a new toy to play with . Anyone have experience with kickstarter?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #7 by Th3Batman86 on 12 Apr 2019
  • As someone who was an early adopter of the RecTec version, and then promptly sold it, I will definitely pass. I don't see what need this would be filling in the market besides being an inexpensive way to get into pellet cooking.
  • #8 by glitchy on 12 Apr 2019
  • I have 2 kettles as well. Doing tri tip on one tonight! But I keep looking at this gadget as a new toy to play with . Anyone have experience with kickstarter?

You been to Vegas? I've backed Fireboard, Coin, and Seasoning Stix. If you're reading this forum, you know which of those 3 was not a total joke. Though in some fairness, coin was destroyed by chip cards (as well as ApplePay and Samsung Pay). Seasoning Stix was an absolute failure on many fronts.
  • #9 by triplebq on 12 Apr 2019
  • I like it. Anything that can bring more people into the pellet world I'm all for it.
  • #10 by pmillen on 12 Apr 2019
  • What benefit does it provide? 
    Maybe easier cleanup because of less ash.

I, too, bought the REC TEC version, the Bullseye, as soon as it was available.  I was looking forward to the "great wood-fired flavor, without the extensive work required on charcoal grills" that REC TEC advertised.  After two high temperature cooks, grilling hamburgers and pork chops, we couldn't detect the alleged "great wood-fired flavor."  I asked, in this post, "Do any of you Bullseye users detect it when grilling?"  To date…not one response.

So, what are the drawbacks?
    No wood fire flavor and no charcoal flavor.

You may as well cook on gas.  It’ll require even less clean-up.

I think that people who buy one as their first exposure to pellet cooking will never again be interested in a pellet unit.
  • #11 by GatorDave on 12 Apr 2019

It is my understanding that you pay the money up front, and if the product never gets built, you are out the money.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but about 99% sure.
  • #12 by triplebq on 12 Apr 2019

I have been involved with a couple of Kickstarters in the past and have had great experiences. If you don't want to buy in early you could always wait until they bring the product to market. Usually it will be at a higher price of course.
  • #13 by Jiggle Racing on 22 Mar 2023
  • 4 years later and I now have this and it works great

• #14 by BigDave83 on 22 Mar 2023
  • 4 years later and I now have this and it works great

and you got it for the same price or less than when it was on kickstarter.
Pages:
Actions