Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Yoder

New YS640 controler

<< < (3/3)

protege2k:
Glad you mentioned your issue, I would contact Yoder as they have always taken care of any issues.  One change they have for the new controller is insulation to specifically keep heat off new controller. 

The insulation is between the hopper and mailbox, it attaches on the right outside of the hopper, side bolted to the main box.

Even if you are looking to buy the new ACS, call them first to troubleshoot.  Anytime I have had temp issues, it was the Thermocouple.

Shaneskee:
I've reach out to then but haven't uey received a response. They are typically very quick to respond so my guess is they either short staffed or something like that with all that's going on. I've read where others have had the same issue and it's been the thermocouple.

This is my 2nd one since I've replaced the hot rod. I'm wondering if that some how isn't always compatible with the older controllers. The insulation makes total sense. It may be worth upgrading the controller to avoid having to buy another thermocouple AND upgrade the controller at the Sametime again. Taking these things apart isn't hard but I would not say it's fun either  lol.

Have you noticed an improvement in your pellet burn rate with the new controller or any difference at all outside of the technological conveniences?

--- Quote from: protege2k on April 23, 2020, 10:29:20 PM ---Glad you mentioned your issue, I would contact Yoder as they have always taken care of any issues.  One change they have for the new controller is insulation to specifically keep heat off new controller. 

The insulation is between the hopper and mailbox, it attaches on the right outside of the hopper, side bolted to the main box.

Even if you are looking to buy the new ACS, call them first to troubleshoot.  Anytime I have had temp issues, it was the Thermocouple.

--- End quote ---

protege2k:

--- Quote from: Shaneskee on April 24, 2020, 09:39:01 AM ---I've reach out to then but haven't uey received a response. They are typically very quick to respond so my guess is they either short staffed or something like that with all that's going on. I've read where others have had the same issue and it's been the thermocouple.

This is my 2nd one since I've replaced the hot rod. I'm wondering if that some how isn't always compatible with the older controllers. The insulation makes total sense. It may be worth upgrading the controller to avoid having to buy another thermocouple AND upgrade the controller at the Sametime again. Taking these things apart isn't hard but I would not say it's fun either  lol.

Have you noticed an improvement in your pellet burn rate with the new controller or any difference at all outside of the technological conveniences?

--- Quote from: protege2k on April 23, 2020, 10:29:20 PM ---
Glad you mentioned your issue, I would contact Yoder as they have always taken care of any issues.  One change they have for the new controller is insulation to specifically keep heat off new controller. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

For perspective, I was on my third 'long' thermocouple - the one that was originally on the back wall of the main box.  I think those things are like the probes, some times they just get old or simply stop working.   

The new "short" thermocouple seems like a cool design but since it is over or near the firebox I could see potential issues - do you have the long or short one?

Side note, if you do not get a timely response, you could try replacing the thermocouple by buying it at one of their distributors to save some time.

Shaneskee:
I have the short one on the side wall. I did order the thermocouple a couple days ago. But I'm considering upgrading the the ACS controller as well.

Was also just thinking that I do a lot of grilling on it too with the grill grates. I have the diffuser with the pull out. I wonder if all that heat hitting the thermocouple also causes issues.

Oh well. Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View