Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dk117 on 03 May 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by dk117 on 03 May 2019
  •  I cannot say I'm happy with the pictures, and the meal still needs some polish, but I sure had fun.

Beef ribs, went for 8 hours at 250, covered around 6.5, turned out more like an excellent pot roast vs the ribs I've had in Texas BBQ joints.   Taste was great, but still not quite what I'm looking for, and even with the dino ribs post where I've been sourcing my beef ribs lately, they still aren't what you get in Texas.

Collared greens, had to rush these, they could have used another 30 mins, but tasty.

First try at smoked mac and cheese was a success, I'd run another hour on the pit, and cut back on the white cheddar and season just a tad more.

All in all, just a fun birthday dinner after my annual pitch and putt golf and beer day.

DK
  • #3 by Canadian John on 03 May 2019

•  Very nice post! As for you, you are that much more advanced in the cooking department. Experiences like this must be achieved personally as you did. Cook on.
  • #4 by dk117 on 03 May 2019
  • hey another May 2nd birthday!   Happy Birthday.

Yes I've been spending time on my seafood boil here in the Pacific Northwest as well.  And it's really not all that hard, this stuff is pure gold (while being cheap on Amazon.)

johnsonville sausage grilled for a bit.
    small red potatoes in first
    corn (yes love how corn will absorb the spices)
    a few frozen dungeness crab
    muscles (again frozen)
    prawns
    steamer clams

It's not really traditional for down south, but tastes amazing!
  • #5 by dk117 on 03 May 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #6 by Bentley on 03 May 2019
  • Great looking plate of food!
Pages:
Actions