Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pizza Toppings  (Read 868 times)

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Pizza Toppings
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 08:12:32 PM »

I'm staying as far away from this topic as I can.
Won't take another peek at it.
I am a pizza aficionado .
The pizzas that I eat are dang good., and I have no desire to venture off of this delicious path.
I won't pick on any individual writing at this time, but there is in this topic - a list of ways to completely destroy a beautiful thing.
Could not agree more. I might be missing out but I am fine with that.

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 12:02:51 AM »

Something that is a bit different...pesto for the sauce, mozzarella cheese, zucchini, artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes, oregano, and Parmesan. Much better than it sounds if you like veggies.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »

There are some good ideas posted here. Thank you...It inspires me to venture forth into the land of experimentation...Heck, if I don't like it, it's on to the next one.. We do have some excellent pizza recipes.

Just trying to find if there was a better one..Striving for the ultimate..

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 01:46:47 PM »

The only toppings needed, and that should never be left out...  Cheese, Ham, Pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, Onions, Green Peppers.    All in generous proportions  ...    AKA -  Andy's Special #26
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

ZCZ

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »

The only toppings needed, and that should never be left out...  Cheese, Ham, Pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, Onions, Green Peppers.    All in generous proportions  ...    AKA -  Andy's Special #26

. . . black olives . . . artichoke hearts . . . sausage

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

mo-kid

• Using less gas.
  • I get by with a little help from my friends.....
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 07:04:44 PM »

C.J.......I have not tried pizza on the GMG yet, and we are pizza lovers. looks like some good thoughts on pizza on this thread. I may have to jump in and just go for it....pineapple...sounds very interesting? The only thing I don't like on my pizza is black olives, otherwise...everything is a go. Any recommendations on dough, store bought?
thanks.
GMC daniel boone; frog mats, grill grates, SS griddle,

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 07:45:26 AM »

Many years ago,  my buddy and I went on a bit of a road trip, to Elmira NY.  I think it was the first night we were there, we went to a place, decided we'd like a pizza, looked at the menu and saw pineapple on the list of toppings, but never saw ham listed anywhere as one of the toppings.   Waiter came by and we were asking about getting ham on our pizza, and his reply was... " If you want ham on your pizza, your going to have to go to Pizza Hut".  He says this almost like we were crazy for even considering ham on a pizza.   And then , just a little more than now, thought anyone who'd put pineapple on a pizza must be crazy.

Still to this day, I don't understand why on earth anyone wouldn't consider ham on a pizza... unless of course it were religious reasons, but I'm 99.9999% sure that wasn't the reason they didn't serve ham on a pizza in Elmira NY ( circa 1981 )
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Canadian John

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »

C.J.......I have not tried pizza on the GMG yet, and we are pizza lovers. looks like some good thoughts on pizza on this thread. I may have to jump in and just go for it....pineapple...sounds very interesting? The only thing I don't like on my pizza is black olives, otherwise...everything is a go. Any recommendations on dough, store bought?
thanks.
Can't comment on store bought..We have been making our pizza dough for quite some time..It has ended up as a sourdough dough, by far the best. I just can't see going back..Hopefully others will chime-in.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »

thanks.
Can't comment on store bought..We have been making our pizza dough for quite some time..It has ended up as a sourdough dough, by far the best. I just can't see going back..Hopefully others will chime-in.

How about sharing the recipe and process for making the dough?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Ralphie

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 10:07:43 AM »

I’m interested in trying a pizza with:

- olive oil base that is very herby and a little garlicky.
- smoked pulled chicken
- marinated artichoke hearts
- black olives
- dollops of fresh mozzarella (melted of course).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:07:10 PM by Ralphie »
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 10:14:10 AM »

In the 50s there was a restaurant "Parentes" in an Italian area of St. Louis known then as "A non PC word for Italians"  Hill.  Now called "The Hill".  They served a Shrimp Pizza and my girlfriend, now wife, and I loved it.  Over the years from time to time I've made Shrimp pizza and it always went over well. 

Unfortunately the mob burned down Parentes in the early 60s.
What a coincidence, my wife and I were just talking about that area. We were cooking and I was telling her when we were kids my Aunt and Uncle "Dolce" would take us to (rhymes with dayglo) hill for dinner, I never knew what he did for a living, maybe he was..................that has been rumored in our family though in reality. He has been gone about 10 years so cant ask him.
I also seem to remember that some of the restaurants were in the lower levels (like half basement down), not sure though, it has been a long time ago.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:20:45 AM by yorkdude »

glitchy

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »

Smokey D's Sassy Sauce (was Russ and Franks)
Thinly sliced brisket
Red Onion
Cilantro
Mozzarella
Colby Jack

Credit to a local chain called Gusto Pizza which calls this one 'The Duke', one of the best pizza's I've ever had and I've pseudo replicated it fairly well at home. The toppings are not applied heavy, but is a very unique blend of flavors for something way different than a 'normal' pizza.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »

What is the one that has the Giant Meatball?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:41:20 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

mo-kid

• Using less gas.
  • I get by with a little help from my friends.....
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »

ah, the hill, the whole family would go to Regazies for good eats. So did the blues after home games years ago, we would wait in line to see one of the players. My brother lives up in the 'Lou' and we often go out to the hill for meals.
GMC daniel boone; frog mats, grill grates, SS griddle,

Canadian John

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »

thanks.

How about sharing the recipe and process for making the dough?

OK, will do. I'll post it in the recipe section under breads so it's easier to find later.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:26:00 PM by Bentley »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up