Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Blaz'n Has Cancelled Dealer Relationships

(1/3) > >>

pmillen:
I just found out today.  I think they cancelled all of them, but I don't know for certain.

They will be factory-only sales from now on.  They sent emails to dealers to cancel the relationships and saying they would fill existing orders or cancel them if asked to do so.

I prefer to buy from a local dealer rather than the factory.  A distant dealer is second best.  Buying from the factory is way down my preference list.

Bentley:
I know Rec Tec went that road and I think so did Mak, seems to me if the buck just keeps getting pasted from the dealer to the Manufacture to always fix stuff...I do not blame them.  Why not cut the middle man out and take that profit for yourself!

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Bentley on May 13, 2019, 11:48:12 PM ---I know Rec Tec went that road and I think so did Mak, seems to me if the buck just keeps getting pasted from the dealer to the Manufacture to always fix stuff...I do not blame them.  Why not cut the middle man out and take that profit for yourself!

--- End quote ---

I agree 100%.  A few years ago, when I was researching what pit to buy by reading every post on the former site, I asked a few GMG owners why they were calling the factory for problem resolution rather than their dealers.  I was told to "Shut up!  You don't even own a grill."

I expect other manufacturers to drop their dealers.

BigDave83:
I was looking at GMG and was excited to see a dealer about 10 miles away from me, a pool and spa dealer, so off i went bought me a DC. The guy said he just picked up the line about a month ago, I asked him if he had used one and he said not yet. So even  if I had an issue he wouldn't have been able to help anyways. Sometime with in the next year he was out of business. Probably hard to keep dealers in some markets.

keithj69:
I was talking to the owner of a local grill store about Blazn and why he didn't sell them  He said the margins were not there for him after the grill was shipped to Florida. This was over a year ago. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View